How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

pyrocpu

$6600 OTD, including ~9.5% TN state sales tax...

An OK deal, but the best in town. All other local dealers were in the low $7K range OTD.

Detrich

$6,300 otd...

i know i could've gotten a slightly better deal from one of the big dealers in my area. but, i liked the idea of supporting my local, small, family-owned yamaha dealership...

:)

pyrocpu

Great deal Detrich. I wish I were in LA again... one can negotiate on EVERYTHING in Los Angeles! All but one dealer claimed their "cost" was $61xx for the bike. I swore that they were all colluding and fixing the price!

To your point, I also really wanted to go to the local, small-family owned dealer, but they wanted $7166 OTD. As much as I like family-owned stores for a warm-fuzzy feeling after buying something, I'm not really wanting to pay an additional $566. $566 in my pocket makes me feel warmer & fuzzier. :D

Having said that, it will be 2F here this coming weekend. Sigh.

Detrich

i hear ya pyro... it depends on each dealer and the feeling u get from them. every shop is different. and price is very important...

2F?! and i was bumming about the rain and not having riding gear... :lol: i would die if i lived in climate that cold... kekeke :p

stay warm! :)

Heineken

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

zig308

Sales Tax

Hope you all wrote your bike sales tax off of your 2009 taxes. It was deductible if you bought a bike or a car in 2009.

It's only 3% in VA, but some of you folks have some high sales tax in your states!

porky45

sure did! take is 8.75% here in CA. I was happy as could be when I saw that option!

Newmason

What do you all think is a fair price for a new 2009 fz6r. The dealership by me has there's advertised for 6,299 and is said to be on "sale" What do you all think about trying to get the bike for 6k OTD? Reasonable or should I try for less OTD since the '10s are out and the dealers are trying to push everything and anything out the door. Thoughts?

DragonBlu

I paid $6200 for mine last July. Lic. and title were extra,but that is what I paid for the bike after an hour of what I call negotiation. I would think they would be more eager to sell an 09 now. Good luck!

JZIPPOZ

what dealer did you get your bike from in the chicago area, and when did you buy your bike?

Heineken

Elite Member

Newmason

Finally picked her up tonight! I am now offically part of the FZ6R community! 7500 out the door. I picked up the Gap insurance which brought it above the 7100 mark. None the less I am super happy, and cant wait to go out and ride when it gets above 40 this weekend!!!

Heineken

Elite Member

Newmason

2009 with 0 miles on it. 6.5% sales tax tag and registration brought the base prise of 6200 for the bike up that high and then I added the $400 gap insurance

CoRoadie

Never believe what a salesman tells you. The worse thing you can do from a bargaining position is allow them to manipulate your emotions. Determine ahead of time what you think is a fair price and always be willing to walk away.