How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

CoRoadie

Price

And he is obviously making a profit at that price so think about how much profit they are making with people who paid $8500 or $9000?

I really feel like I got a good deal now. I only paid $5500 for mine. The started at $6900. I told him if he would take $5500 cash out the door i would buy it.

CoRoadie

Out the Door price

Out the Door price is everything EXCEPT taxes and registration. That way you can compare apples to apples regardless of which state it was purchased in.

Almost 7,800, with helmet and Cortech saddlebags and tank bag. Then again I live in New England in the tiny tax state right beside Taxachussetes.

Heineken

Elite Member

pyrocpu

If OTD = everything less tax & registration, then I'll have to revise my previously quoted $6600 to ~$5900 then... that doesn't seem so bad now... :)

Newmason

7500 out the door, on the road read to ride it home for me yesterday

CoRoadie

Out the Door

I don't know how it is in other states, but in Colorado the amount of sales tax you pay depends upon which county you live in (as opposed to where you bought the bike) and rates can vary quite a bit between counties, by at least a couple of percentage points.

When I purchased my bike, I payed 7100 OTD. And that really ment Out The Door, taxes, license etc included.

porky45

I don't know how it is in other states, but in Colorado the amount of sales tax you pay depends upon which county you live in (as opposed to where you bought the bike) and rates can vary quite a bit between counties, by at least a couple of percentage points.
Same thing here in CA. CA state tax is 8.75%... We go off of city though... my city is 9.25%... :eek:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

:headscratch:

i thought OTD = "out the door" ie the grand total you paid inclusive of everything (bike price + taxes + license + fees etc.)

CoRoadie

Otd

Taxes and registration vary by state and even county and are costs that you can't negotiate, so it is pretty useless from a comparison perspective to include those. If you quote your OTD price exclusive of taxes and registration, then everyone is comparing apples to apples. Which, I assume, is the whole point behind this thread.

:headscratch:

i thought OTD = "out the door" ie the grand total you paid inclusive of everything (bike price + taxes + license + fees etc.)

JZIPPOZ

Bought mine on March 5, 2010 for $6,500 OTD-Tax, Title, License/Registration and 50% off first servicing from Nielsens in Lake Villa, Illinois.

Kleinfalls

Marh 2009 for 7300 out the door - fees, taxes, everything = might have included 2 helmets ($600) can't recall

Christina2113

March 2010 - I got mine for $7200 OTD
And I thought I was getting a good Deal... before I looked at this Post, that is! :)

M76

I paid $7400 OTD here in Canada, came to $8700 with taxes and licensing. Very jealous of the deals you guys are getting south of the border, and quite pissed at Yamaha for artificially jacking up the Canadian MSRP "just because". Last I checked our dollar was very close to parity (at about 0.96 or so).

I looked into buying the bike in the U.S. but the hassle wasn't worth saving the $1000. Oh well, I'm still quite happy with my purchase. Mind you, I buy all my accessories / helmets / etc. in the US: benefit of living close to the border!!!

Cheers ~~

JnT4Life

I bought mine used with 900 miles on it for $5000 from a local dealer. He offered $5899 OTD for a new '09. Wish I could afford two!

I must clarify that OTD here does NOT include sales tax as that is paid at the DMV when you register the vehicle and NOT at the dealer.

Last edited: