How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

JoshF

I paid $6,850 out the door.

pilninggas

£4199 +£100 for a genuine yamaha flyscreen.

so about $7200.

seems dear to you guys in the states, but was the best deal in england by a long shot- good old rip off britain.

oh yeah, 0% finance for 3 years (good bless yamaha)

NoDoze

I bought mine from Out The Door Cycle Sports (.:: OTD Cycle Sports ::.) for $7300 including a four year extended warranty OTD ($6900 without ext warranty). I think I got a great deal because the bike itself was lower priced than the MSRP and I didn't have to barter/bargain with the sales person.

amirw

I bought mine from Out The Door Cycle Sports (.:: OTD Cycle Sports ::.) for $7300 including a four year extended warranty OTD ($6900 without ext warranty). I think I got a great deal because the bike itself was lower priced than the MSRP and I didn't have to barter/bargain with the sales person.
I bought mine at the same place for 7000$, September.

Best price in the Bay Area, but I heard they are going out of business because of their lower prices. I hope this is not true as I want to upgrade next year for the FZ1;) and this is the place I wanna go

bjpinub

There is a local Yamaha dealer who has a new 2009 Blue FZ6R for $6199. What does everyone think of this price? I am wondering what to offer for the bike as well as what to try to get them to throw in with the bike. I am thinking about asking for frame sliders and a Cortech TriBag saddle bag set (ones on the side and on the top).

Thanks to everyone for any input,
BP

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bjpinub

I got mine for just under $6k, but then that dealer went out of business two months later. Most other dealers here were at the $6200 range, so that's not a bad price (got mine about three months back). It's my understanding the dealers don't make a lot on the sales, they stay in business through service/accessories, so I wouldn't expect much, but it NEVER hurts to ask. Maybe they'll want it out before Dec 31 tax time and will cut something in, like free first service, sliders, etc.
I agree with your thought. In my opinion, I wouldn't see the frame sliders and saddle bag going for more than $400 altogether, but then again, I am just getting into motorcycles, so my knowledge of them is somewhat limited. However, I have rode my dad's mid-80's Honda Shadow a couple of times and have fell in love with the thrill of riding. Thanks to this forum and other sources, I have a feeling of certainty an FZ6R is an excellent choice for my first bike, since I am just storing my dad's Shadow for the winter.

NoDoze

I bought mine at the same place for 7000$, September.

Best price in the Bay Area, but I heard they are going out of business because of their lower prices. I hope this is not true as I want to upgrade next year for the FZ1;) and this is the place I wanna go
I hope not either. They all ready closed down their Oakland store because it was in a bad business location (not enough sales during this economic climate and break-ins from the bad elements in the area).

If anything we can always go to OTD Auburn (near Sacramento) and just bring a truck or a towed trailer :) Totally worth it.

amirw

I actually wanted a Ninja 650 and the OTD dealer in Oakland was a Ninja dealer

Once I saw the address I knew something is wrong so I compared the address to the San Fransisco chronicle homicides map and I was amazed!! Their shop was in the middle of the F.. war zone. I am not taking my wife in their (someone needs to drive the truck home :). So then he told me I can bring you one from Sacramento (actually 50 miles east to Sacramento) but you need to go and sign the paperwork there. So i told him give me a good deal on the Yami and this is how I ended here. No regrets for a second, contrary, I am so glad I bought this one.

Anyway, they still look very much in business and they have the best web site in the area (compared to GP sport for example) So we need to encourage people to go and buy their bikes over there. Helping them to stay in Business

AW

bjpinub

I talked to a local dealer today to put a $100 deposit on a new 2009 Blue FZ6R. I hope go and do all the paperwork in a week or so. Once I get it, I will post pictures of it in the correct forum. The price for it at the dealership is $6199. With tax and fees, I am looking at $7300 without an extended warranty and not counting the deposit. I guess this seems to be a decent price. I currently have the salesman trying to see what all he can throw in with the bike.

JoshF

You should be able to get it for less. I was OTD for $6,850. Sales tax in SF, CA is 9.5% so you can see how low it was. My invoice price before tax / dealer prep was about 5600

bjpinub

Unfortunately, I didn't make it out for as little as some people here. I just signed the papers today for my blue 2009 FZ6R, which I hope to pick up next weekend. The bike was $6199 (unsuccessfully tried talking them down). The other places I checked appeared to only have 2010 models for $7090. With all the fees, 48 month extended warranty (60 months total warranty coverage), and GAP insurance, I was out the door for $8300. It is a little disheartening to not get it as cheap as other people, but in the end, I am getting a great beginner's bike which will last me for years.

Gville

Paid $7400 OTD for a black one that was still in the crate. Could of got $6800 for a white one that was on the floor but i wanted black so i paid a little more.

vitrox

How wrecked? How much is it going to cost you to fix?
i'm figuring somewhere around 1000-1500 to fix it to where I want it. thats with 06-10 r6 front end, and replacing some other small things on the left side of the bike that was damaged. shift lever, case cover, bars. None of the side/front plastics will be put back on.

I should have a great street bike for under 4k and it will look the way I want it.

side thats not wrecked, other side was already stripped down, same with the front. this pic was a few weeks ago, now all the plastics are off and the front end is tore down.

Last edited:

zarfnober

$6395.00 otd with taxes, lic, etc. Highlands Yamaha in Countryside, IL. They did not make money on this bike and I will go out of my way to say that they are great to do business with, anyone in the area, give them a try. Smart guys ib the service dept. too.

Rocco

FZ6R-HWD

Your gonna hate this....

$4,999 base bike
$1,000 misc. taxes, fees and such.
$6,000 out the door.

Just bought in Early Dec. 2009

Pretty good Huh?

Roaddawg

Pays (or saves) to buy at the end of the model year. I did that when I bought my truck (03) and saved over 8k.