How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

nc_fz6r

6700 OTD.

Seriously, to anyone considering buying the bike in the next few months, do NOT settle for more then MSRP OTD ( which includes tax, title, freight). All dealerships are hurting right now.

YOU hold the cards. A slow market is about to get even slower as we enter the end of the riding season in the next few months.

Tell them your price, give them your phone number, and walk away if they seem to not want to budge. I guarantee you'll get a call the next day begging you to come back in.

Last edited:

WenMark

Seriously if you paid true OTD please let me know as I want to make an offer tommorrow. The best that I found in FL was $6999. The dealer here in GA has not settled with me yet but what is realistic. I don't want to offer $5500 if he will tell me to stick it. But I know they need business so what should I offer?? Thanks. :)

nc_fz6r

Wenmark,

There's a couple factors involved which would define what you should offer.

My OTD of $6700.00 was indeed the TRUE total. However, I essentially paid cash which dealerships love. If you want to put it on a credit card that you have a low interest rate for a guaranteed amount of time, have your credit card company send you some blank checks to use against the card. The dealerships treat these checks as cash as they bypass the 3% service charge from using a credit card. Looking back at this thread you can find some pretty low OTD prices people are getting, but generally, I think $6700 OTD is a good deal considering the MSRP.

If you have a trade-in or need to finance, then you may have to give up a little of your bargaining position, however, not much. I'd say if you're financing, you should still be able to get them at $6800 OTD. I mean, it's only a few more pages of paperwork for them!

If they seem stuck on $7000 OTD for some reason, then go ahead and say yes 'IF' they include the first two service visits. That essentially takes it back down to $6800 or lower(when you factor in the cost of the maintenances). My guess is that the sales manager is more willing to give this concession since it doesn't effect his profit ratio.

If they balk at your offer, say thank you... here's my phone number if you change your mind, and let them know you're riding over to the other Yamaha dealer to check their position.

I have no patience for dealerships who are unwilling to bend a little when they are having such a hard time moving bikes.

Last edited:

WenMark

ncfz6r:

Thanks so much. Super information! I really appreciate it. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again. :)

stuna

6345 $ with a 3 yr ex warr . but no tax yet . got 2 quotes from them 6299 and 5999 . he trided to pull the 6299 but he had to go back and ck it and gave it to me for 5999 and 345 for 3 year ex warr. the local shop said 6589 but did not have a blue one :(

WenMark

Well made an offer just playing the waiting game. Offered the dealer $6999 with first service free and 50% off accessories at TOP. They said I (and the rest of the liars on here yes they said that we all lie on here go figure they just hate the fact that we converse on here) was crazy so I left and told them they have till monday or I was going to shop elsewhere so I guess I play the waiting game. I would think that they would want to sell a bike rather than give me the oh were not making any $$ speech and we just can't go that low. But we will see. Test drove the FZ1 also what a bike but i think at this time i dont want to chance it. i would probably get too many tickets, but it was quick. Don;t you just love those dealers.

Btown647

Wenmark Where are you shopping at? i'm having a hard times with the guys in lawrencville. if you get your deal im just gonna print out the page and take it to them haha.

_serge

2 Wenmark

from my limited expirience with dealerships those don't have the same conditions with manufacturer, so it's quite possible those guys just can't go any lower, or they just greedy as###les, which is more likely. I would recomend to try some other places, also there are always smth interesting could be found on internet (e.g. ebay). Ebay and craigslist that's how I found my bike, I had to ride her back home for ~250 miles, but there is always an option to ship the bike (+~$500 to her price), or just rent\borrow a track and ship it yourself.

WenMark

I think I will just start calling dealerships and posting their OTD on here. So if anyone wants to get a deal they can call that place.

Btown647

Well i ended up paying 7300 OTD. a little disappointed in my lack of hard headedness. but i needed it for thursday afternoon as i start school on friday.so o well.

oyamyers

Well i ended up paying 7300 OTD. a little disappointed in my lack of hard headedness. but i needed it for thursday afternoon as i start school on friday.so o well.
You still got a good deal and a great bike. Congrats!

WenMark

Enjoy the ride and the hard part is over with. Have fun:Sport:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

bcultra

I'm looking at a yellow one right now. OTD pric is 7600 + a little. included are larger Yamaha Windshield, Yamaha Sliders, seat cowl, installation and Tax, tag, etc.
This sound reasonable?
Well I did it, gonna pick it up end of week. After taking it for a test ride I decided to cancel the Seat Cowl and opted for the Comfort seat. No change in price

WenMark

$6999 OTD with 50% off 1st service and 20% discount for accessories. I guess that an Okay deal:)

nc_fz6r

Awesome job, Wenmark. Did they come a knockin after you threw down your offer? Looks like you got pretty much what you offered them.

WenMark

Awesome job, Wenmark. Did they come a knockin after you threw down your offer? Looks like you got pretty much what you offered them.
Kind of a truce I called and asked a question and he said he was going to call me and ask if I was still interested so I said I'll come down and we will talk. Well hell I had been in there at least 20 times and I think they were laughing cause I visit so often and drink their coffee and eat their donuts that they had to do something so they said they would bend a little so I figured I have got school starting and what the heck so I went for it and I'm happy I did. :)

joloy133

Paid $6800, total after fees and license $7400, plus free tires for life if I do routine servicing through dealership. Not Bad?

bmw675

i was shot a price today of 6500 otd.
i told them that i needed to think about it (i dont know why) and they instantly came back with 6200.

i think i need to jump on it before they change their mind.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
i was shot a price today of 6500 otd.
i told them that i needed to think about it (i dont know why) and they instantly came back with 6200.

i think i need to jump on it before they change their mind.
Definitely!! $6200 OTD is a great price. Get on it before they give it to someone else.