How many have removed decals

M

mas4489

I just bought my Blue 09 FZ6r in early May 2010, I am thinking about removing the decals. I see a lot of people talk about it but I was curious as to how many actually have done it? I was also Curious if it was just the sides? front? all? left some on the sides?replaced with others?

I was also curious if there is someone that removed the decals from a blue one, if so do you have pics? I have seen white and yellow but not any blues

FZ6R-Billy

I removed the warning label from my gas tank. If you don't want it off there really badly. leave it alone. I spent about half an hour with my fingernail peeling it off then used goo gone to get the residue cleaned up.

I am glad it is gone but it was not easy.

Billy

M

mas4489

yeah thats gone, someone said duct tape was good at removing the glue left behind.... works awesome

arkkornkid

at first I rode like this:

didn't really care for it and finished it off, left the YAMAHA on the bottom and the FZ6R on the front.... the rest is gone:

arkkornkid

took the ridiculous stripe off the left side but kept the FZ6R on the right

...on a side note, the graphics on the '10 model look much better, IMHO

Last edited:

Spunky99

I added USA flag stickers to mine and left all the rest intact....+1

pyrocpu

took the ridiculous stripe off the left side but kept the FZ6R on the right

...on a side note, the graphics on the '10 model look much better, IMHO
Nice. FZ6R + AP2. From one to another, you have excellent taste, sire! :D

arkkornkid

Agreed. Wonder if it would be possible to buy the sticker kit from Yamaha.
I imagine you could, but I bet it's $$$..... and my hand wouldn't be steady enough to put them on right, so if it came to it I'd probably just order the new fairings and sell/stash the old.

CDN6R

I removed the warning label from my gas tank. If you don't want it off there really badly. leave it alone. I spent about half an hour with my fingernail peeling it off then used goo gone to get the residue cleaned up.

I am glad it is gone but it was not easy.

Billy
Tell me about it Billy,, It took me about 1/2 too to get one decal off my tank. Now i have to get the other one off,,,,,sigh. What a pain to remove.

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

I've taken all the pain in the @$$ warning stickers off but not the fairing stickers. I've actually added a Cycle Sector to the fairing and a memorial sticker to the rear fairing.

I'm actually thinking about going to a vinyl company and having some stickers made for the bike. I was thinking have an "FZ6R" logo, similar to what's already on there, just done in a nice bright red with a white outline. That would replace the existing FZ6R graphics. Then get rid of the silver YAMAHA and have that reproduced also in the red with a white outline. No outrageous graphics, just a little bit of a pop of red to stand out a bit.
you would be suprised how 'cheap' you can get a new lettering kit done for, and how easy it is to put on. i actually like the stripes that came on mine (blue).

JonKerr

Elite Member

CDN6R

There is a fellow here in Canada(on E Bay) who sells a stripe lit that is the same graphics as what came on the Blue bike but it is made for the Yellow one.

Mart Man FZ6R

I just had to remove the white stripe from the left front fairing and the FZ6R on the right. There was no balance to it and it says FZ6R on both sides. Now the front fairing top section is just all blue. ME LIEKEY

Anakai559

i voted "all" off but i guess i should have voted "some" seeing as i left the 'yamaha' on the bottom...
That looks nice man. how are those handle bar mirrors looking for you? i was planning on getting some but i wanted to hear if they are good first.

elishatarvin

i have them and love them. U just gotta get used to looking alittle lower to see behind/beside u. They are convex so u actually see quite abit around u. and fully adjustable

Grayce

Tell me about it Billy,, It took me about 1/2 too to get one decal off my tank. Now i have to get the other one off,,,,,sigh. What a pain to remove.
Using a blow dryer to warm up the decal before you peel it helps to get it started and will help the residue stick more to the decal and less on the surface. Peel slowly. It's never an easy task tho- Like a price tag in the middle of a picture frame!!!