High pitch whine

ChUcK

Whenever I am at a stoplight, or anywhere I can hear all the engine noise instead of wind, I hear a constant high-pitch whine. It's not tinnitus, I already have that and know what it sounds like. This sound is similar to the FI system check that happens when you first turn the key.

Is this normal or abnormal? Do others hear the same whine? Am I a moto-hypochondriac?

DragonBlu

If you have the Blue bike it's probably the turbocharger! Sorry my ears ring so loud I can hardly hear my bike idle.:)

JSP

Super Moderator
Are you sure you are not just hearing the fans kick on? You say at a stoplight, and that is usually when the temp rises and the fans will kick on, but it has to be fairly hot for that. I dont recall any constant whine.

ChUcK

lol damn Hollywood and their complete rape of technical terms in order to make time travel sound like it might have a scientific basis. Back to the Future made the term "flux" sound so mysterious and esoteric.

It's not the fan, I have heard that kick on at high temps. This sound is with me from the first stoplight until the last, no matter the engine temp. You can *sorta* hear it in this video, see if you can hear the high pitch that sounds very close to ear ringing. It is most audible in the first and last clips.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5b3-l6TG0]YouTube - Sync Progress[/ame]

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

72racer

Elite Member
Last edited:

CrazyCawi

Underneath the seat you'll see the flux capacitor.
Thats near the throttle-maxor, so like to the right of the oxibidal-diaramah, and before the knutter valve? :confused::confused::confused: I was looking in my google-manual and I got lost in the transdermal theopoly section.

But I figured it out after a little digging.....

This is the above view where you can find it(above view of our bike schematic with marthy exaust mod)
View attachment 21189

This is the part your looking for actually....I know its hard to find trust me I looked for three hours monday....all to do a nutter Bypass....:stupidpc:
View attachment 21190

The key to doing it though is you need this Bulbula Tool to get the Capacitor out....
View attachment 21191

:jawdrop::beer:....If you need more details on how to find it send me a PM or something I can guide you fairly easily.

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

God C.C you do kill me!!!!!:rof::rof::rof:
Well he asked :p

Anywho...I know...I cant stop laughing when I read it...I woke the wife up laughing a few minutes ago....(she works overnights)....so I got a verbal :spank: but sooo worth it:rolleyes:

Sparkxx1

Lol go for a ride come home and cut the engine but not the ignition switch. The fan will usually come on automatically(give it a few seconds), if it's the same high pitch whine, problem solved. If you do alot of stop and go traffic the fan can come on fairly often.When I first started on my bike I would be scared to go over 20 mph, so the fan would constantly come on, first time i heard it I was like oh no I broke it or something, but caught on fairly quickly...

CrazyCawi

Lol go for a ride come home and cut the engine but not the ignition switch. The fan will usually come on automatically(give it a few seconds), if it's the same high pitch whine, problem solved. If you do alot of stop and go traffic the fan can come on fairly often.When I first started on my bike I would be scared to go over 20 mph, so the fan would constantly come on, first time i heard it I was like oh no I broke it or something, but caught on fairly quickly...
so your saying its not the turbo :confused:

:banghead:....uhg did the knutter bypass for nothing....

Sparkxx1

LMAO it was funny and I would like it if our bike came with a stock turbo and gave us some more speed. :sinister:It would be kind of cool, but I'm just trying to isolate the problem.

bjs045

Thats near the throttle-maxor, so like to the right of the oxibidal-diaramah, and before the knutter valve? :confused::confused::confused: I was looking in my google-manual and I got lost in the transdermal theopoly section.

But I figured it out after a little digging.....

This is the above view where you can find it(above view of our bike schematic with marthy exaust mod)
View attachment 21189

This is the part your looking for actually....I know its hard to find trust me I looked for three hours monday....all to do a nutter Bypass....:stupidpc:
View attachment 21190

The key to doing it though is you need this Bulbula Tool to get the Capacitor out....
View attachment 21191

:jawdrop::beer:....If you need more details on how to find it send me a PM or something I can guide you fairly easily.
hahahha epic!

ChUcK

;)

CautiousC, you don't happen to write Hollywood screenplays, do you?

Not the fan, I repeat, not the fan. That kicks on at higher temps. This whine is always there. It might be a mole hill I'm making bigger in my mind....

At least this thread was good for some smiles, heh. :D

ChUcK

I have triangulated the whine to the fuel pump. When the tank is up and the bike is running, I can apply pressure to the pump with my hand and the whine stops. I tried tightening the mounting bolts for the pump, but the whine didn't go away. I wonder if the pump has a faulty bearing somewhere...?