high miles anyone ??

SoCal600

i have a 2010 FZ6R i bought brand new and i have almost 51,500 miles on it, whats your mileage like ?

NewBlue47

1,500 just got it three months ago

What kind of oil and how ofen did you change? Dealer or yourself for maint. Nothing has never broke down???

JSP

Super Moderator
There are a few here over 50k. Very reliable bikes!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Dustin600

What kind of oil and how ofen did you change? Dealer or yourself for maint. Nothing has never broke down???
Right now I have 20,000 miles on mine and I'm hoping to keep it for a long time. I have the same question. Has anyone here with 50,000+ miles ever had an issue or replaced anything other than normal wear items?

Is there already a thread of the secrets for getting the most life out of this bike?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

SoCal600

ive used mobil 1 racing 4t syn, motrex syn, maxima semi syn and dino, valvolin 4t syn, lucas semi syn, castrol 4t syn, all oil 10/40 grade. all honestly i feel like the maxima regular dino feels best in the bike, less valve noise and shifts like butter but i usually use mobil 1 4t or valvoline 4t because how the engine feels a smiden more powerfull IMO. been using a bosch 3300 oil filter since 10k miles and oil and filter always changed at 3k regardless of dino or syn oil. i took the bike to the dealer for the initial break in and i been doing everything ever since. im a heavy equipment mechanic so i have all the tools and i got the factory yamaha manual online. no issues what so ever ! i had the head off because on my first valve adjustment i had some dirt fall inside the engine that i wasnt comfortable ''letting it go'' so i pulled the head and the bore still had nice cross hatches very visiable and normal carbon deposits on piston and combustion chamber. i changed the clutch springs at 36k just because i wanted stiffer springs from EBC. using a car oil filter (bosch) is sometimes frowned apon depenending who u ask so i will let u decide if u wanna do it or not, i cut open my oil filters every 3rd oil change and no major metal is inside, just a tiny bit of shinny but thats normal. forget what ever you have been told about switching syn to petro and vise versa its ALL BS ! i got training on oils and spent countless hours researching. old timers would tell u not to switch only because they tried putting syn in their 69 chevy SS and it leaked, cars werent ment to run that stuff at the time. keep up with your maintance and you can run what ever you like :) switching brands, syn or dino what ever.

SoCal600

65,xxx miles what's up *****es ! Anyone have a bike 4 years old or less with more miles than me ?