Hi From England

stormbringer

Hi just found this site ,took a while but it looks great.
I bought my Blue XJ6S Diversion new last September new from Poole Yamaha Dorset ,cost £5250.
I have done quite a few mods ,Hid front light ,Led rear light unit,R and G tail tidy,gear indicator,power socket,auto com,Huger,brake and clutch levers,K and N air filter ,Scorpion end can, Goodridge steel brake lines and various other bits .
I'm waiting on a set of Touratec LED indicators.
I will be fitting Ohlins fork springs Ohlins or Hagon rear shock and R and G engine protectors.
I've done 8500 miles ( incl.2 track days ) and will be doing more track days once I can get some higher pegs and stop the side stand grounding.
I want to keep the standard pegs for road riding.
The original Dunlop road smart tyres are great on the road and track with fantastic wet grip.I replaced the rear at 7560 miles.
there are loads of bits made for them over here and Germany,R and g do a Radiator gaurd as well.
I have booked the tunnel for Sunday to ride over to Paris to watch the end of the tour de France.
BFK John

Last edited:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Sage

Welcome to the Forum! =)

Sit down and have a drink :iconbeer:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

pilninggas

Hi Stormbringer,

Welcome from a fellow Englishman (close-ish too, i'm in Bristol).

Looks like you got some good mods going on.

The italians have 3 or 4 different rearset footpeg arrangements, which should improve ground clearance.

I'll be off to the other side of La Manche soon as well.....have a good trip.

Merv

CDN6R

Hello Strombringer,,from one of the Colonies! My Mum was from just outside London so I do have realitives there. The FZ6R--XJ6 are great all round bikes that are catching on here in North America. Welcome to the site ther is lots of info here. Cheers. Laurie .

stormbringer

Thanks Guys .
I have an Aunt and Uncle in Canada ,would love to come over to the states /Canada for a riding holiday.
any ideas on who make the rear sets?
john

pilninggas

Thanks Guys .
I have an Aunt and Uncle in Canada ,would love to come over to the states /Canada for a riding holiday.
any ideas on who make the rear sets?
john
PEDANE REGOL VALTER MOTO T1.5 Yamaha XJ6 09-10 | eBay

pedane means footrest,

also when using ebay.co.uk search EU/worldwide for vendors who ship to UK. There are some germans selling rear-sets also; 'fusraste' i think.

you are on yam OC also.

check out my sig too.

The Spin Doctor

Hello back from another UK Divvie owner.

I have to say those rearsets look good. My big whinge about the XJ6 is that the pegs are too far forward and the bars too high and wide. I'm not expecting a GSXR riding position (I've got one of those!) but looking for something closer to my Hornet. I've got some bars to fit, the pegs could be a perfect compliment.

stormbringer

They look very good ,Do they retain the original hanger plate for the rear foot pegs and what about the rear brake master cylinder?

This is my exhaust.

I fitted twin Airhorns which is a must comuting in England.

Last edited:

stormbringer

R and G tail Tidy

Waiting for my Touratec mini led indicators to arrive .
this is the R and G tail tidy.

stormbringer

Fully adjustable ball raced levers.
£38 the set Mcmoto delivered in 2 days and the same as the Hein Gericke ProSport (less the PS signage) which cost £100.

Last edited:

stormbringer

TS Tank cover

The hid Bulb all the units for it are under the left fairing

Last edited:

CDN6R

Great pics there thanks very much! I must admit there are mixxed feelings about those Scorpion Cans on the XJ6 because you are adding an exhaust can to the out put of another exhaust can,,and increasing the restriction. These bikes (XJ6,XJ6 Divvy,XJ6F and the FZ6R) are already to quiet as it is. However some people have drilled a 1/4 - 1/2 hole straight in the out let of the stock exhaust to make the bike sound better,,,,I wonder how a Scorpion can would sound on a "modded" stock exhaust.

rruelement

hey im new to this forum to and have had my white xj6n for a month now... it already came with the r&g tail tidy which is nice lol.... i just purchased a r6 downpipe because i heard it would fit (with abit of bending) and have got a motogp can for it aswell...... il post pictures through the process im guna go through and tell let uno if it works haha... besides that i did test the bike by disconecting the lamda sensor and see if it would run. and funny enough it did and didnt come up with a check engine light or anything, so if this mod works il just coil the sensor up... or if it creates problems drill a hole into the pipe and weld a nut to it and screw it in but gimme a week and il let u guys know..

Superzoom

Thanks for the pics, Stormbringer, but you forgot to include some of the whole bike! I'd love to see some of those.

pilninggas

hey im new to this forum to and have had my white xj6n for a month now... it already came with the r&g tail tidy which is nice lol.... i just purchased a r6 downpipe because i heard it would fit (with abit of bending) and have got a motogp can for it aswell...... il post pictures through the process im guna go through and tell let uno if it works haha... besides that i did test the bike by disconecting the lamda sensor and see if it would run. and funny enough it did and didnt come up with a check engine light or anything, so if this mod works il just coil the sensor up... or if it creates problems drill a hole into the pipe and weld a nut to it and screw it in but gimme a week and il let u guys know..
yeah i put R6 headers and a micron GP on my first XJ6 (still got all the bits in my shed) and ran without lambda with no problems.

I personally think, it just runs like the the FZ6R (which has no lambda as standard) if the ECU does not recieve a signal. Never put a check light on which says it all.