help, please just bought a 09 fz6r

bubbazaay

I bought a wrecked 09 fz6r today with 2200. By what I can tell is I just did the first oil change on it today. When I am riding it and I come up to a stop and I pull the clutch in and rev the engine a little bit I can feel the transmission clunk. Feels like it's trying to engage. Right now it is not doing it at a complete stop. Note the handle bars are bent from the wreck.

bubbazaay

I'm guessing pretty hard. There no frame damage. The stator case has some deep scratches. I bought the bike with new plastics. But everything is running and working fine. No leaks from the bike. Just the weird transmission or clutch issue. Thanks for the help I will do the adjustments tomorrow.

bubbazaay

It has a hard clunking sound when I rev it with the clutch lever pulled in coasting to a stop doesn't matter the gear except natural. Other than that the bike is solid just don't know what causes the clutch to engage.

SixRFixR

Could the chain be slapping? There is internal drag in the drive train. When you goose it, perhaps it's putting all the chain slack from one side to the other. If you can push your chain up to where it touches the swingarm, you're beyond the 2" slack limit.

JSP

Super Moderator
Make sure your clutch is adjusted properly as well as your chain slack.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bubbazaay

Is there a post on the forums on how to adjust the clutch lever? Or tell me the specs on how the clutch play and when it engages.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

bubbazaay

If it's a slight clunk or click when just lightly revving it with the clutch pulled in at a stop you should be fine. My bike does the same thing and has since day one. If it's not just a sound and it actually lurches forward that could be a different story.
Thank you! I've been worried had other people ride it everyone is saying it's just a clunk but doesn't move the bike

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

knightmare

Just like everyone else said... The clutch.... If it sounds good when riding check the clutch lever and if possible get the clutch checked...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk