Help! Painting rear suspension spring?

Alex6

I don't know about you guys, but when I ride I can't see the suspension spring on my bike. Have any of you tried that?

On another hand, this thread made me think what is the prefered selection of the suspension spring setting (1-7). Is it by the rider's weight, comfort, ride type?
Your thoughts please.

danieljardim

Sorry, I was stupid. I thought I had to create an album and then somehow link to it. Anyway, here's the yellow and black spring options. They're done stupid quick in Photoshop, but I hope it's enough to give you the mental image of how they'd look.
like the yellow better.

JSP

Super Moderator
I don't know about you guys, but when I ride I can't see the suspension spring on my bike. Have any of you tried that?

On another hand, this thread made me think what is the prefered selection of the suspension spring setting (1-7). Is it by the rider's weight, comfort, ride type?
Your thoughts please.
It should be set by your weight. To get it 100% you should take it to a suspension shop and they will test it with you and your gear on your bike. They will adjust the sag in the rear by adjusting the pre-load. Being that, that is the only adjustment on these bikes, if you are not in spec anywhere else, its upgrade component time. Most bikes are set for 150 lb riders.

JJ Fz6r

The same could be said about mods such as a FE, integral tail light and more.. Unless you mean others cant see it since your legs are there when your riding but it still sticks out as a sore thumb when your in your lawn chair for hours looking at your parked bike :) Is is it just me that does that? :rolleyes: its for the overall looks of the motorcycle :) :thumbup:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Alex6

The same could be said about mods such as a FE, integral tail light and more.. Unless you mean others cant see it since your legs are there when your riding but it still sticks out as a sore thumb when your in your lawn chair for hours looking at your parked bike :) Is is it just me that does that? :rolleyes: its for the overall looks of the motorcycle :) :thumbup:
I agree! I was just being a little sarcastic. :D

JJ Fz6r

Alright got the suspension off the bike, brought it to an automotive shop to take the spring of the suspension for 5$, too 1 minute :p Bringing it to get powder coated tomorow morning :)

buzzbomb

Elite Member

JJ Fz6r

Gone to paint

All right I brought the spring to ottawa powder coating today, decided last minute that I might as well get my handlebars painted black at the same time :) When I brought it in the manager said he usually charges a minimum of 150$ for a paint job but he would make an exception for me since my parts were so small :p :D He charged me 30$ for the spring yellow and 20$ for a semi-gloss black on the handlebars, sandblasted and all included. :thumbup: It should be ready in about a week :D pictures will be us as soon as its installed :) :steve:

JJ :D :canada:

JJ Fz6r

Painted and installed :)

So I finally got my suspension and handlebar powder coated and installed :) I was going to do a write up on the installation but I simply followed the instruction by a fellow member for installing the lowering kit: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/roaring-toyz-lowering-link-install-18089/, then you unbolt the bottom bold holding the suspension and your done :) You need to get it compressed by an automotive shop to remove the actual spring, make sure they have the right size compressor since they scratched my final paint job by not admitting it was an automotive coil compressor and not for motorcycle :mad: yet they let me off for free since of the damage, would have cost 10$ to uninstall and install. Instead I ended up spending that money on touch up paint :S but the bike frame covers up the scratches so you cant notice it at all :thumbup: Overall I would definitively recommend this mod to anyone looking to improve the colour flow of our yellow ( or other colour) bikes :) Total cost of mod: 40$ including sandblasting, powder-coating, spring re-install on suspension piston :) Happiness= priceless

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks great!!!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

RooKie

So I finally got my suspension and handlebar powder coated and installed :) I was going to do a write up on the installation but I simply followed the instruction by a fellow member for installing the lowering kit: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/roaring-toyz-lowering-link-install-18089/, then you unbolt the bottom bold holding the suspension and your done :) You need to get it compressed by an automotive shop to remove the actual spring, make sure they have the right size compressor since they scratched my final paint job by not admitting it was an automotive coil compressor and not for motorcycle :mad: yet they let me off for free since of the damage, would have cost 10$ to uninstall and install. Instead I ended up spending that money on touch up paint :S but the bike frame covers up the scratches so you cant notice it at all :thumbup: Overall I would definitively recommend this mod to anyone looking to improve the colour flow of our yellow ( or other colour) bikes :) Total cost of mod: 40$ including sandblasting, powder-coating, spring re-install on suspension piston :) Happiness= priceless
Way seksy! :drool::drool::drool: