Help buying used FZ6R

Lukem

Yamaha Fz6r
Can you guys give some stuff to ask before I go drive an hour to look at this bike haha. First thing I did ask was if the title was good and they said yes. Any help will be appreciated!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

UncleHilty

Looks to be stock and in good condition. Has it been dropped or crashed? Any leaks? Offer him $3k and see what happens. They are great bikes and you will have many miles of enjoyment. Worth the drive for sure. Good luck!

Lukem

Buyer said he would take $3k for it. Not sure on the leaks he didn't mention any. The price seems like one of those to good deals considering what most are going for in the Georgia area. I asked about it being dropped and he ignored that in the text but should be seeing it Sunday hopefully. If I get it I'll let you guys know! :D

blkbrd

Elite Member

Lukem

You guys made some good points! Seems like when I started asking questions about it he would reply slower so I'm gonna steer clear of that one. Thanks you guys for the responses!

catdoc

I have put 130 miles on my 2013 in a year....

That is a great price for an essentially new bike. I would go and take a look. It is only an hour south. Just make sure he is cool with you getting it checked out before you buy it.

Looks to me like it was dropped on the one side but the damage seems to indicate it was nothing but a minor parking lot or driveway drop. Certainly not enough damage to have been caused by going down at speed so I wouldn't worry much about that.

Only other concern is that it has spent most of its life sitting. How long has the fuel been sitting in there? Flat spots on tires from being parked in one place? I'd be a little concerned about things like that but if you can snag it for $3k it will still be well worth it.

Like most of us here, I love my FZ6R!

Good luck!

Chaz

Who can have a bike 6 years and only do 1258 miles? Had mine 2 years and I've done over 16 000 miles.
My first bike was a 2008 Honda Rebel, I bought it used in 2015 and it was a one owner bike with only 300 miles.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member