Helmet Bracket

Do you use the Helmet Hanger Bracket under the rear seat?

• Yes, I use it all the time.

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • I have used it on occasion.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • Haven't yet, but I may.

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • Don't even know what/where it is.

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • Never have, never will!

Votes: 27 25.0%

• Total voters

FJRGuy

I'm curious how many people use the Helmet Bracket under the back seat. I was scratching my head and had to go look at the parts fiches to even determine what it was.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Riccochet

Never used it. I use a Pistol cable gun lock wrapped around the passenger grab rail through the D-Ring instead. Little more secure I feel, and also easier/faster to lock/unlock, dont need to remove the seat.
That's not a bad idea! I have a slew of those things collecting dust.

FJRGuy

Page 4-17 in the owners manual
LoL - I guess that woulda been an easier way to figure out what that thing was then trying to find it on the parts fiche!

I don't have anything on the helmet to loop the cable through anyway, so as of a couple days ago, that bracket is in the spare parts box. I'm planing on fastening my fuseblock in that location. Safe, Secure and Accessible.

linkgt

Never used it. I use a Pistol cable gun lock wrapped around the passenger grab rail through the D-Ring instead. Little more secure I feel, and also easier/faster to lock/unlock, dont need to remove the seat.
Thanks for the idea! I use the cable from time to time, but I never trusted that thing. it's soooo thin. Thanks again.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Rich007

I was wondering what I was going to do with all those cable locks I have.
I have the perfect one that says Smith & Wesson right on it. Great idea!

xleeb0y13x

Great idea. My 1911 has internal locking so the cable lock just sits. Now I can use it. Although I'm still cautious of leaving my helmet with the bike. I've known people who've had the straps cut or thing dumped in their helmets. Bugs me out.

Pinarello Rider

I read the manual, but can't figure out how to use it. Sorry. Maybe I'm too smart? haha

bastage

Oh hell.. I have a box full of them little buggers.. That's an awesome ideal..

Pinarello Rider

Now that's a great idea. And for that you get a :spank:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member