Helmet Bracket

Do you use the Helmet Hanger Bracket under the rear seat?

• Yes, I use it all the time.

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • I have used it on occasion.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • Haven't yet, but I may.

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • Don't even know what/where it is.

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • Never have, never will!

Votes: 27 25.0%

• Total voters

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

roundhouse

only time i use it is when i go to the gym as there is no where to put my helmet inside the locker room. i hate leaving my expensive arai on the bike and possibly even worse putting on a helmet that has been sitting in the 100+ heat.

i have a few feet of 3/16" aircraft grade cable i need to make one out of it.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

latony007

Never used it. I use a Pistol cable gun lock wrapped around the passenger grab rail through the D-Ring instead. Little more secure I feel, and also easier/faster to lock/unlock, dont need to remove the seat.
Can you send pictures of what your talking about? the "storage" area is prety much only big enough to hold that wire its so small, will what your talking about fit in there? That double lock thing is huge id have to have saddlebags for that for sure. I use the helmet lock a pretty good amount. If i jam really hard i can get a hat to fit in the storage area (although it does nothing good for the hat) so when i have my hat and am going in to the store or restaurant i will use it if im in a decent area. I dont think its really so much of a helmet lock as a helmet holder :D

bleedinblue

Elite Member

latony007

The grab bar is the metal rail around the back seat, he just slides a cable lock through the gap between it and the bike.

If you want a easy way to carry a little more items, besides motorcycle luggage.Check out the military style MOLLE pouches.You can wrap it around the grab bar the same way hes talking about the lock + they make alot of styles and sizes.I used this water bottle pouch my first summer and it worked fairly well.Two bottles of frozen water can fit inside + theres a small external pocket.
ModGear Water Bottle Pouch Black Padded Main Compartment Zippered Utility Pouch
i thought the pistol lock thing might be something different than a motorcycle cable lock. This would be too big to cary too :) unless im wearing my backpack. I do kinda like that bottle holder idea. One day i mihgt break down and get some luggage but im just not in love with look of sport bikes with luggage. My cruiser has saddle and tail bags, looks natural on those.

BoneJj

I made my own for my bike seeing as it didn't come with one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7J_RoH31ZA

I can lock my helmet, jacket and even a second jacket to it as well to make it easier for when I go out.

Pretty simple and it's attached to the bike so I never forget it when I'm out.

BrockGrimes

This isn't mine but it's an option I looked into.
It'll fit in the storage area on the bike and can be locked to most any part like the grab bar.
It's a cable gun lock:

latony007

It'll fit in the storage area on the bike and can be locked to most any part like the grab bar.
It's a cable gun lock:

that's not a bad option. I just bought a "wordlock" cable and might try and feed it through there. Keeps the helmet off the ground or from falling.

that's not a bad option. I just bought a "wordlock" cable and might try and feed it through there. Keeps the helmet off the ground or from falling.
Is that a gun lock for your helmet?!?! That's cool. I just carry my helmet with me. How else will anyone know I own a bike if I didn't. I would carry it in my 91 Nissan 240sx and wear just to mess with people. Since my car has a 4 point harness installed, I should get the mesh for the window and make the car look like a legit race car. :spank: Lol, I just noticed this funny emoticon...

knightmare

It's a cable gun lock:

That's the same thing I use... But mines black of course....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoneJj

bleedinblue

Elite Member

latony007

I wound up getting one of these and it works well on my cruiser, can get two helmets on it too. Havent tried it on the fz but im sure it would fit on the mirrors.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Helmetlok-4101-Carabiner-Style-Helmet/dp/B00EE56UAG/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1398187591&sr=1-2&keywords=helmet+lock"]Amazon.com: Helmetlok 4101 Carabiner Style Helmet Lock: Automotive[/ame]