Handlebars mirrors

stevet

Naples is one of my favorite cities. I have many fond memories from there. What a lot of fun to go across alligator alley through the glades on your bike. Thanks for your posts Marthy and Sage.

BoneJj

I agree with the Made in USA, i try to biy local as much as i can. I just pound 150 miles to Naples today and those mirrors work great! No vibration, excellent rear view. The stock mirrors are ok, the are excellent in my opinion.
Maybe I'll have my next bike by the next time you are this way and we can meet up. I will definitely need a set of mirrors for the ninja 1k, I road it today and the stock mirrors suck a big fat one!

Sage

Could you please comment on why you did not want to use the bar-ends that came with the mirrors? Thnx.
1) I paid $50 for the cnc bar ends yamaha makes for the bike way before deciding to buy the mirrors

2) the ones that came with the mirrors I got didn't screw in, they had a wierd spreading thing, and I didn't know if that would destroy the threads in the handle bars or not

So I just took the carbon fiber out of the bar ends I had and the mirrors fit perfectly in the notch, and looked very nice

Alex6

Do you guys that have actually tried the CNC bar end mirrors feel they have a better view than the stock mirrors? Better safety is most important to me. The look of the stock mirrors doesn't bother me at all. I feel they could have a better view of what's behind me. I put the little Pep Boy rectangular fish eyes on both and that helped the view a lot. So, how do you feel about their view compared to stock and any extra vibration? Wish they were made in the USA. I try to buy everything American if possible.
In my opinion the stock mirrors look like cr#p and the view they provide is cr#ppy as well... I think we found a winner in these CNC mirrors! :thumbup:

guidobergamo

Mirrors that I tested...

Mirrors that I tested and a general evaluation (design, quality and visibility) in a scale of 0-10:

CNC Reversal Bar End Mirrors(ebay) - Rating: 6

CRG Bar End Mirrors LS Insight - Rating: 9,5 :thumbup:

ZX-6R 08 Mirrors(ebay) - Rating: 7,5

Top CNC Tomok Mirrors - Rating: 8,5

Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2012 (Original Parts) - Rating: 10

:Sport:

Last edited:

2wheelie

Here's few pics of the mirrors on my ride. The 6R start to look like a real Sport-Touring bike now. Just finish assembly the modded version of my rack for the Givi E21.
I installed them using bar ends they came with. The mirrors are much smaller than the stock. Will see how they are in action. The only drawback is the arms aren't flexible, if you tip over, they'll snap.

2wheelie

Ok, was riding to work yesterday with mirrors on. In general they're good mirrors. Although small in size the view is better then the stock. It has to get used to them in terms of size and location since you need to turn the head more, but that's ok. Good quality.
Installation is a bit tricky as you need to find a right ring to secure the arm to their bar-ends. Takes some creativity. No instractions included. Also, mine came with one screw missing (which tightens the arm with the bar-end).

I see 2 negative points. One is that tye're not collapsible, and another is that they sticking out which makes you watch more carefuly while splitting in traffic.
I give it 8 out of 10.

2wheelie

Ok, was riding to work yesterday with mirrors on. In general they're good mirrors. Although small in size the view is better then the stock. It has to get used to them in terms of size and location since you need to turn the head more, but that's ok. Good quality.
Installation is a bit tricky as you need to find a right ring to secure the arm to their bar-ends. Takes some creativity. No instructions included. Also, mine came with one screw missing (which tightens the arm with the bar-end).

I see 2 negative points. One is that they’re not folding, and another is that they sticking out which makes you watch more carefully while splitting in traffic.
I give it 8 out of 10.

Last edited:

Alex6

Could anyone with these mirrors installed please tell me if the bar-ends that come with the mirrors are OK to replace the bar-ends that are original on the bike? Does the thread on the mirrror's bar-ends screws match the handlebars?
Thank you in advance,
-A.

Alex6

Could anyone with these mirrors installed please tell me if the bar-ends that come with the mirrors are OK to replace the bar-ends that are original on the bike? Does the thread on the mirror's bar-ends screws match the handlebars?
Thank you in advance,
-A.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

2wheelie

The expandable sleeve bar ends fits very well. They smaller than original ones but that's fine. Like I said, the mirrors sticking out about 3 inches to each side, but the view is superb. You still can turn them around toward inside but the view will suffer a bit.
I just gona rotate them if splitting in heavy traffic.

ngengs

I'm using the Renthal 787handlebar. I'm more upright... so my elbow are in the middle of the mirror. I can see on each side but not behind me...
I know this is a handlebar question, but if I buy these mirrors, I would like to get install them on these. Is this what you have? How hard or easy was the handlebar to install? Any adjustments on the cables, clutch brake controls, etc.? How did the mirrors fit? Thanks in advance.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Renthal-8in-Handlebar-Black-787-01-BK-03-219/dp/B002KOK964]Amazon.com: Renthal 7/8in. Handlebar - Black 787-01-BK-03-219: Automotive[/ame]

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Alex6

The easiest, cheapest, quickiest mirrow mod ever!
Stock mirrors can be pushed in to fold them for storage. Well, they can also be pushed out and they stay where you want them. That way the mirrors don't point up like the rabbit ears and the visibility is much better - I can see the traffic on the both sides and directly behind myself.
No drilling, screwing, reconnecting = more time to ride!

danieljardim

The easiest, cheapest, quickiest mirrow mod ever!
Stock mirrors can be pushed in to fold them for storage. Well, they can also be pushed out and they stay where you want them. That way the mirrors don't point up like the rabbit ears and the visibility is much better - I can see the traffic on the both sides and directly behind myself.
No drilling, screwing, reconnecting = more time to ride!
Didn't get it. Pics maybe?

richierich781

I read all the post and i might have just missed it but can the stock bar ends be used with these?

richierich781

In the last photo with the ninja 250 close up photo, is that an aftermarket swivel adapter or it came stock with 2012 ninja 250? I have a 2010 250 and it does not have that swivel adapter. Any ideas where I can get these if they are aftermarket?

Last edited: