Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

I'm using the Renthal 787handlebar. I'm more upright... so my elbow are in the middle of the mirror. I can see on each side but not behind me...
I have that problem on my Vulcan 900... but it doesn't bother me as it keeps the assholes behind me and their headlights out of my eyes at night as they seem to love to ride behind a bike with their damn high beams on.. When they do that I tend to slow down and let them pass then hit my high right into their mirrors... lol.

Alex6

I'm curious - how tall are all of you people who don't see anything but yourselves - shoulders, elbows, whatever - in your mirrors? You know the mirrors are adjustable, right? :)

Seriously though - I'm 5'10" (178cm), and I have no trouble at all seeing what's going on behind me in my mirrors. Maybe an inch or so of each mirror (the inside part) shows my arms, but otherwise I see everything behind me.
I am ~6 ft (184cm) tall, average size and the only things I see are my arms.
I've tried to adjust my stock mirrors soooo many times, I'd guess I'd be able to find the 'right' position at some point... but no luck :surrender:

Chucker

I'm 6'2" and I have to tuck in my elbow to see.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Alex6

I received my mirrors yesterday and they're already on the bike. I still need to remove the stock mirrors but I couldn't wait to see how they look on the bike.

As a machinist by trade, those are the most perfectly fab mirrors I have seen so far. The quality (I was a little worry about the China part) is outstanding! This is not a "long term review" but so far so good. I didn't use the bar end adapter that comes with it. I removed the heavy bar end and installed the mirror on it and bolt it back on the handlebar. I had to push the grab area inward a bit, but it's ok. I never cut those Renthal when I replace them, so I had enough room. The rear view is now perfect! No more elbow in the way. Kind of look sweet on the bike too. I'll post few pics later today...
Marthy - Thank you for your post! Frankly, I was waiting for your feedback before ordering these mirrors myself. Your review makes this decision a simple one.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Sage

I haven't drove with them yet, but don't see why something would be wrong with them.
It's a lot different from the stockers, but once you get used to them they are so much better imho. You're gunna love them :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bigpish13

thank's for the review, I may just buy myself a pair as well. BTW: can anyone give me advice on how to cover the holes from the stock mirrors? Is there a cover they sell so it looks decent?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

I thought they would be angled out more.... interesting.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

stevet

Do you guys that have actually tried the CNC bar end mirrors feel they have
a better view than the stock mirrors? Better safety is most important to me. The look of the stock mirrors doesn't bother me at all. I feel they could have a better view of what's behind me. I put the little Pep Boy rectangular fish eyes on both and that helped the view a lot. So, how do you feel about their view compared to stock and any extra vibration? Wish they were made in the USA. I try to buy everything American if possible.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Sage

Do you guys that have actually tried the CNC bar end mirrors feel they have
a better view than the stock mirrors? Better safety is most important to me. The look of the stock mirrors doesn't bother me at all. I feel they could have a better view of what's behind me. I put the little Pep Boy rectangular fish eyes on both and that helped the view a lot. So, how do you feel about their view compared to stock and any extra vibration? Wish they were made in the USA. I try to buy everything American if possible.
I agree with Marthy, I can see so much more with those mirrors compared to stock, I can see directly behind me and much of my blind spot with them. They make the bike look better imo, and the vibrations on mine are for the most part nonexistent when I'm riding normal (high rpm and high speed give me a little vibration, but not enough to be an annoyance. This may be due to the bar-ends I modified to fit since I didn't want to use the ones they sent).

Last edited: