handlebar buttons

Invader Jim

Got a new 2011 yesterday. Was looking at the OM and there is a button not mentioned. What is the little oval button on the left handlebar for? It is just right of the bright/dimmer switch? It is not labeled in any way I can see.

DragonBlu

What ever you do,do not push that button. It is a call button for CC,Rook,and Jaspansel. :)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

ajskillz13

Welcome! Love seeing more new Indiana members coming out of the woodwork! I think we've doubled on here in the last two months.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
You only get one push haha. Push it once and it will never come back out :D

Only use it when you absolutely, positively HAVE to!

Wooster

I thought we said that is the button that turns on the Power Crystal?

Flipflash

Elite Member

Spunky99

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Don't tell anyone but..........this is what it does..........

Frinksbonkers

Yamaha most likely uses the same control housing for another bike that may use it....I believe the FZ6 has hazard light switch there? I don't remember.
Its the hazard lights on the XJ6, I wish it wasn't because i need an easily accessible gate opener!

Flipflash

Elite Member

UselessPickles

I converted the fake button into a real button. Cut it into two pieces, filled the backside piece with JB Weld, drilled a hole through it, threaded a cheap radio shack button through it, then drilled out the back side of the "button" looking part so that it fit onto the radio shack button.

I have it setup to plug into the push-to-talk port of a Chatterbox.

Flipflash

Elite Member

Spunky99

Now guys....don't be attaching grenade or rocket launchers onto your motorcycle.....

My buddy attached cardboard tubes to his RC sailplane stuffed some bottle rockets into them and hooked the fuses to a delayed ignition system via a cigarette. He launched it and flew it back and forth across the hill where the wind made updrafts until he saw smoke when the fuses lit. He strafed the beach with the airplane and launched rockets at the people laying on the sand.
He got a pretty big ticket too......

D

Deleted member 9794

Now guys....don't be attaching grenade or rocket launchers onto your motorcycle.....

My buddy attached cardboard tubes to his RC sailplane stuffed some bottle rockets into them and hooked the fuses to a delayed ignition system via a cigarette. He launched it and flew it back and forth across the hill where the wind made updrafts until he saw smoke when the fuses lit. He strafed the beach with the airplane and launched rockets at the people laying on the sand.
He got a pretty big ticket too......
Thanks for the idea :sinister:

CrazyCawi

Not a button. Just a tip, there is a search button and it is quite accurate if you use it correctly.

Oh, and btw. :welcome:
Where do I get this search button?