Gun Talk Thread

BoneJj

You can do the cerekote on your own and save yourself a lot of cash. It just takes some time and needs a good bit of work but it's quite doable, I've done it, all you have to do is strip out all the parts, mask it off where you want it to be masked off and then just spray it.

Just be smart about the different areas that you are spraying, where the upper and lower meet can't be sprayed as it will add too much surface and to do it right you need to bake it so you will want to use an oven, take your time and it'll turn out great.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

ej'sfz

Well said I'm in the same boat! There was a meeting up here in ramona tonight to try and get shooting range back up here but I couldn't get home in time to make it, was hoping to get some input from one of the may shops up her about ccw. I will ask around and definitely post if I find out anything

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

xorbe

They told me if I'm interested in getting my CCW, now is the time to apply in San Diego. Apparently the Sheriffs Department is just going to start processing CCW applications because they know they're going to lose their appeal.
Wait, what's this all about? Is this San Diego specific or state wide?

JonKerr

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

pgillen

It's been 10 years since I've had a California CCW, but back then you were allowed to list up to three guns with serial numbers on the permit. I very much doubt that it is any different today.

JonKerr

Elite Member

vengeance44

about the ccw stuff if you want some information about that check out calguns.net i usually go ask for all my gun related stuff they will be able to point you in the right direction

BoneJj

So most of the guys who work at the indoor range I shoot at are retired or current law enforcement of some kind (mostly Sheriffs, one Federal Customs Agent that I know of, etc...) They told me if I'm interested in getting my CCW, now is the time to apply in San Diego. Apparently the Sheriffs Department is just going to start processing CCW applications because they know they're going to lose their appeal.

When I downloaded the application it asks you to fill out what firearm you plan to carry and the serial number. Now, the firearm I plan to carry will be a Glock 26. But I don't plan to buy it until I have my permit. If I'm denied, I don't want to have a subcompact G26 that I just dropped $550 on that I can't carry. So I was just going to put my G17 on there. However, it says on there that whatever firearm you list when you apply is the one you're allowed to carry. I know people in other states with carry permits and they rotate carry guns all the time. Is this something that all states have on their application but it's not an issue or is this another one of our ridiculous California rules that other states don't have on their applications?

Anyone on here actually a California CCW holder and know if this is really an issue here?

The main reason I'm asking on here is I have yet to find any firearm specific online forums that aren't just full of a bunch of no brain moron who make me cringe at the fact that they're "representing" the firearms community. This forum actually has some intelligent people on here who can string a properly typed sentence together without me having to open up Urban Dictionary to figure out what the hell they're saying :rolleyes: If you guys know any good firearms forums that aren't just a bunch of dumbasses and keyboard commandos I'd love to check them out.
Let us start with, that's about the dumbest damn thing I've ever read regarding a CCW permit. I've read a lot of things about CCW and this takes the cake. Having to provide serial numbers just screams gun grab situation down the road. Liberals are at work here. These cops just don't get it that when people are armed violent crime drops substantially. Look at Chicago and other states that have started to allow concealed carry, from the moment concealed carry permits start getting issued crime starts dropping like a hammer on an anvil. Sometimes cops just amaze me at how dumb they can be in regards to common sense issues, but they are just people and entitled to be stupid as all hell.
This is from the San Diego Sheriffs website.

https://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw.html

From what I've heard, (again, just what I've heard from people I trust. Not saying it's 100% correct) many counties in California have basically "thrown in the towel" and have given in to the fact they're breaking the law by denying CCW applications because they don't feel that person has a good enough reason to need one and requiring interviews with social workers, psychologists, etc... and have finally started processing permits. I guess a lot of counties in the north and specifically San Diego County and our joke of a Sheriff Gore have been the most vocal about basically saying "**** what the court says." But the guys at the range who are LEO's, seem to know that it's only a matter of time. And once it's out that they're accepting "Personal Protection" as a valid reason for wanting a CCW, it's going to be a mad rush.

I just want to know if I'm going to be stuck with only being allowed to carry the G17 if that's what's on my application. I don't have plans to go to the range for the next couple of weeks to talk to the guys and I wanted to get my application put in sometime in the next week.
Yeah, it's going to come back and bite them in the *** real soon, this nation is on a rampage when getting our gun rights back and I hope to see it make some serious headway soon, especially in that state...
Stupid *** laws like this are a major reason I've seriously considered moving out of California. My wife and I were actually just talking about it. State laws and regulations that go against the US constitution, all these damn liberal agendas, it's like we're not even living in America. Both my wife and I have our entire families & friends here, we both love our jobs here. We've both lived within a 5 mile radius our entire lives, so it's going to be really hard if we do decide to go.

I've got family in Oklahoma and I do like to visit there. Not sure how I'd do living there though lol Arizona, Utah, Nevada are relatively close to home and would probably be options if I did decide to move.
Yes, leave the morons to reside in that state and let the people of value go to other states where they will make it a better place to live.

BoneJj

Okay, WTF is this stupid *** having to enter shit before I can get my post through?

BoneJj

It's been 10 years since I've had a California CCW, but back then you were allowed to list up to three guns with serial numbers on the permit. I very much doubt that it is any different today.
That's just retarded, and what happens when you decide to buy a new pistol and want to carry that? You have to go through some azzhole process of getting that listed on your permit? That just seems about stupid, and why in the hell would the state even want to go through the trouble of tracking such information? It just seems so stupid!
Well I'm going to meet with the owner of San Diego Firearms Training Center this week and get some solid info from him on the whole CCW business. He also works for the Sheriffs dept so I'm going to trust him over anything I read pretty much anywhere online. I'll let you guys know if you're interested what I find out.

On another note, Anyone ever use the Magpul CTR Stock on their AR? I have a standard Tapco M4 on mine and it's fine. But the play in it drives me nuts. I've been thinking about the CTR and like the look and the features. But I want to make sure it's a nice snug fit on a mil-spec buffer tube without being crazy tight. Any thoughts?

Magpul CTR Mil-Spec AR-15 Carbine Stock With Friction Lock And QD Sling Attachment Points And Rubber Buttpad Polymer Flat Dark Earth MAG310-FDE
I don't know about that model but generally magpul products are pretty good and better quality than a lot of others. I don't even know what is on mine but it is snug and slides well. I think it's just the stock one that the manufacture makes themselves or they just buy one from another company, it's not marked so it could be an unbranded magpul for all I know.

My newest rifle is a cheap .308 savage axis just for hunting, that way if I mess it up, I don't have to worry about screwing up a really expensive gun. I haven't gotten a chance to hunt with it yet but it's sighted in and waiting....

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

xorbe

I bought a cheap box of 1000 rounds of reloaded 9mm plinking ammo ... worse stuff ever, no kick, doesn't cycle often, terrible accuracy, couple of the cases have ejected split ... I went out to fed blm, and went all matrix just trying to shoot the stuff and get rid of it, lol.

JonKerr

Elite Member

HelmetHair

I'm lucky that Indiana is 2nd Amendment friendly. I have a Lifetime LTCH (license to carry handgun). It cost more, but you don't need to renew it every four years. You can carry whatever weapon you legally possess. You don't need to give a reason why you want it, either. The license doesn't specify whether you can carry openly or concealed, either way is legal. I prefer to not draw attention to myself, though. We plan on moving to Arizona next year, and their laws are pretty good too.

I reload my ammo, but it's been hard to get hands on pistol powders lately. So I've been having to buy ammo at Wally World until I can get some more powder. It's like trying to find .22lr around here.