GPR Exhaust...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That's not really direct replacement for the FZ6R and XJ6. It's more for the YZF R6. You could make it work by cutting off the stock muffler and welding a collection tube to mate up with the GPR muffler.

adam_fozz

That's not really direct replacement for the FZ6R and XJ6. It's more for the YZF R6. You could make it work by cutting off the stock muffler and welding a collection tube to mate up with the GPR muffler.
HI, This is a full exhaust system including header pipes. It is a direct replacement not a slip on.

Adam_Fozz

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
HI, This is a full exhaust system including header pipes. It is a direct replacement not a slip on.

Adam_Fozz
My apologies! I completely missed that it said full system. I guess it could work, but I'm not impressed by the 360 degree bend that leaves the headers and meets the muffler. That seems like wasted material and a less efficient way to void exhaust gases compared to a clean and straight exit. :don'tknow:

JSP

Super Moderator
Is that F*$&ING Tom Cruise???? hahaha :D

adam_fozz

My apologies! I completely missed that it said full system. I guess it could work, but I'm not impressed by the 360 degree bend that leaves the headers and meets the muffler. That seems like wasted material and a less efficient way to void exhaust gases compared to a clean and straight exit. :don'tknow:
The bend is strange but I assume it aids performance otherwise they wouldnt have wasted the material and increased costs. My guess is that it was needed to keep a certain amount of back pressure.

Adam_Fozz

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
The bend is strange but I assume it aids performance otherwise they wouldnt have wasted the material and increased costs. My guess is that it was needed to keep a certain amount of back pressure.

Adam_Fozz
I imagine the bend is more for getting the right angle from the headers to the muffler. It's a similar problem for guys cutting the muffler off and welding their own muffler on. The oil pan gets in the way and requires the header pipes be bent to make room and provide clearance. It appears that is what they were going for with the curly pipe.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

nlpyle

It looks like pretty nice and reading their web site seems to increase horse power by 6hp which never hurts to increase power. But would this fit the Fz6r. I know it says for the Europe bikes. Would be nice to see one on our bike and have an install review. All I know of so far is the TB and M4 exhausts out for our bike unless you choose to go and mod something different which is out of my skill level. But good find my friend.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Gwai lo 2.0

Price is good but by the time it end up on your front porch with shipping...
Appears that shipping is free to the States and Canada along with some other countries...

Last edited: