Got my Sprockets!

AfDevin86

Question? Did you install a speedo healer? Curious to know what the difference in with this mod and how it's going to affect the ODO on the bike (resale value?) Thanks!

You are right... looks sick on the Raven! It would look good on the wife's yellow and black too! :cool:
Yes I did. I had to adjust the speedo by about 12%. :eek: Oh well it runs like a champ; I would say that the MPG around town is better. On the highway . . . well its like running a civic wide out; you tell me. :tard:

cbzdel

around town millage is better?? :eek:

JSP

Super Moderator
around town millage is better?? :eek:
I would agree. On our Skyline drive trip (Me and Dart at least) got about 60mpg! This was on 35 mph road, we generally were always between 3-4k for most of the time. On the way home down the freeway, not so good ;) Stayed around 8k. I think I got mid 40s mpg.

Average mpg for me on my commute has been about 51 mpg.

njdan

What is the total cost for this mod if you get both sprockets and the chain? Also where can I order it from.

Hey, if you buy the set, get the Driven Sprockets! They don't make AFAM Sprockets for our bike! They give you the option and let you order them but you can't get them! I had to call their customer service to fix it, figured I would save you the headache!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I would agree. On our Skyline drive trip (Me and Dart at least) got about 60mpg! This was on 35 mph road, we generally were always between 3-4k for most of the time. On the way home down the freeway, not so good ;) Stayed around 8k. I think I got mid 40s mpg.

Average mpg for me on my commute has been about 51 mpg.
Another question? Is this with or without the error correction for the miles?

When you change the sprockets as noted, it changes the ODO as well. Meaning, the mile that is indicated on the ODO is less than what an actual mile really is.

Your MPG hasn't really changed when you consider "physical/linear" miles driven. ;)

If you have a "measured mile" near by, drive it on the bike by starting out with the trip meter reset to ZERO. After the measured mile, look down to see how many 10ths over one mile the ODO reads. :D

AfDevin86

Another question? Is this with or without the error correction for the miles?

When you change the sprockets as noted, it changes the ODO as well. Meaning, the mile that is indicated on the ODO is less than what an actual mile really is.

Your MPG hasn't really changed when you consider "physical/linear" miles driven. ;)

If you have a "measured mile" near by, drive it on the bike by starting out with the trip meter reset to ZERO. After the measured mile, look down to see how many 10ths over one mile the ODO reads. :D
I do believe the odometer is ran off of the same sensor the speedometer is ran off of. If this is true then mine is factory accurate. I installed a speedohealer same day as the sprockets then did the math from the gearing change and adjusted the speedo 10.1% this set it back to really close to a factory setting. (That is still off by like 3-7%)

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Unsure is the same sensor feeds both... Good question!

Here's an interesting gem too. When my wife and I go out touring on the bikes and stop for gas, we always reset the trip meters. For every recorded 100 miles on the FZ1 trip meter, her FZ6R records 96.4 miles. :eek: Both bikes have stock gearing. :confused:

Has anyone tried running a measured mile using the trip meter? It's too damned cold here for me to try at the moment... maybe this weekend.

AfDevin86

Unsure is the same sensor feeds both... Good question!

Here's an interesting gem too. When my wife and I go out touring on the bikes and stop for gas, we always reset the trip meters. For every recorded 100 miles on the FZ1 trip meter, her FZ6R records 96.4 miles. :eek: Both bikes have stock gearing. :confused:

Has anyone tried running a measured mile using the trip meter? It's too damned cold here for me to try at the moment... maybe this weekend.
Well I checked and yes they are ran off of the same sensor. The ECU "estimates" miles traveled off of MPH and time. =D

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Another test that would be valid? Trip Meter VS a GPS as the GPS will be extremely accurate. Drive one mile on the Trip Meter and see what the GPS states.

arcflash316

I know there are posts somewhere on here, but I haven't got time to look right now, but I will ask anyways.........

Whats the size, part #, details needed to order these or go to a shop to buy the sprockets?? I know 520, but as far as bolt patterns, front and rear sprockets? I don't want to get home to find they don't fit. I have no need for a chain yet, but Info on that would be appreciated too. Thanks for your help guys/gals...