Got my Sprockets!

Got them today!

That's what I got exactly; Well minus the chain because my stock one still had plenty of life in it!
I got the black chain, I figured I would go ahead and spend the extra money!

cbzdel

does the front sprocket say R6 on it? What does the rear sprocket say on it?

I bought the +1 front sprocket and it says R6 on it.. A 520 R6 front sprocket is 1/2 the price of the so called FZ6R sprocket..

AfDevin86

Yes mine says r6 and I paid a grand total of $26 for the front. Now the rear sprocket is specifically for the Fz6r. I sent my old sprocket to Moto Heaven and they are working on an even cheaper set of sprockets for the Fz6R. I did get a speedohealer out of it though so don't think I'm an Angel and just selflessly sent it. Hehe, =D

Craxican

Af, what do you top out at now? Do you ever try to shift up after you're already in 6th? Pop any wheelies yet? 0 - 60 time? just curious...Noob, same questions to you?

AfDevin86

Af, what do you top out at now? Do you ever try to shift up after you're already in 6th? Pop any wheelies yet? 0 - 60 time? just curious...Noob, same questions to you?
I would say tops out around 120 actual MPH :eek:, that's deep into the readline (I don't do this). As for wheelies :rolleyes:, it WILL pull the front wheel up on throttle alone in first. 0-60 is yesturday (honestly its in the 2 sec range). :D

Craxican

yeah that's about the same results i'm getting...i'm actually worried about clutching it up in first for fear of rolling over...though i have noticed that instead if i open her up about 40% on a first gear clutch up that I hit just under balance point...so at least I won't have to shift immediately upon wheelie-ing...

although my 0 - 60 time is about 2.8....but then again i'm still shifting before an all out redline...FUN FUN FUN

OTTF

Yes mine says r6 and I paid a grand total of $26 for the front. Now the rear sprocket is specifically for the Fz6r. I sent my old sprocket to Moto Heaven and they are working on an even cheaper set of sprockets for the Fz6R. I did get a speedohealer out of it though so don't think I'm an Angel and just selflessly sent it. Hehe, =D
Did you already receive your sprockets from Moto Heaven? If so how are they working out for you?

AfDevin86

Did you already receive your sprockets from Moto Heaven? If so how are they working out for you?
I honestly did not buy from them. I just sold/traded my rear sprocket to them to use to produce spockets for the FZ6r. :D I'm a sell out!

Those sprockets definately change your ride! Got them installed this morning! The mechanics greased the Hell out of my chain though! It slung it everywhere! It took me over an hour to clean it up! Oh well though! The black sprocket and chain, go real well with the Raven if you are thinking about this mod!

Craxican

isn't it fun? when anyone who has this mod figures out their mpg...please let me know...i always forget to check and what not:(

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Some pics of the Sprockets and chain
Question? Did you install a speedo healer? Curious to know what the difference in with this mod and how it's going to affect the ODO on the bike (resale value?) Thanks!

You are right... looks sick on the Raven! It would look good on the wife's yellow and black too! :cool:

isn't it fun? when anyone who has this mod figures out their mpg...please let me know...i always forget to check and what not:(
I just filled it up and reset the odometer! I will let you know, at least until it starts blinking!

Question? Did you install a speedo healer? Curious to know what the difference in with this mod and how it's going to affect the ODO on the bike (resale value?) Thanks!

You are right... looks sick on the Raven! It would look good on the wife's yellow and black too! :cool:
I didn't install th speedo healer! That was next on my list! I definately throws off the speedo though! I have no clue how fast I was going today!

Craxican

you will find yourself going about 10mph slower than the speedo says...and its a logarithm in the higher gears...jumps to about 15mph difference when going faster, normal street speeds are about 10 off though, and highway about 15...i have a speedohealer