Gorilla Cycle Alarm 7017 Two Way

MikeN02

Just got it as a Birthday present and installed it.

Pros: Easy to install, just plug the Pos and Neg to your battery. The two way paging remote is small, so it fits in most places and you won't accidently hit anything, could be a con I guess. Keeps you protected from annoying kids, thieves and drunk people. Cheap alarm, not like scorpio's $500 range. Different sensitivity levels. A warning chirp if someone touches it on accident.

Con: Hard to find a "flat" surface to place the tilt sensor. The alarm doesn't set until 5 or 10 seconds in, not really a big deal but when I'm in a hurry and have to lock my bike then run inside it might be a concern. The alarm doesn't have a touch sensor for the whole bike, just that one main area that you installed the box in.

Overall I'm happy with the alarm, it keeps my nerves down and I don't have to rush while inside a store or out eating dinner for a few more minutes. I bought it on Ebay for $162.95. Still cheaper than buying it from my local Cycle Gear.

Spunky99

Just got it as a Birthday present and installed it.

Pros: Easy to install, just plug the Pos and Neg to your battery. The two way paging remote is small, so it fits in most places and you won't accidently hit anything, could be a con I guess. Keeps you protected from annoying kids, thieves and drunk people. Cheap alarm, not like scorpio's $500 range. Different sensitivity levels. A warning chirp if someone touches it on accident.

Con: Hard to find a "flat" surface to place the tilt sensor. The alarm doesn't set until 5 or 10 seconds in, not really a big deal but when I'm in a hurry and have to lock my bike then run inside it might be a concern. The alarm doesn't have a touch sensor for the whole bike, just that one main area that you installed the box in.

Overall I'm happy with the alarm, it keeps my nerves down and I don't have to rush while inside a store or out eating dinner for a few more minutes. I bought it on Ebay for $162.95. Still cheaper than buying it from my local Cycle Gear.
I just bought this alarm. Where did you mount the alarm, tilt sensor and antenna?

MikeN02

I just bought this alarm. Where did you mount the alarm, tilt sensor and antenna?
I mounted my box underneath my passenger seat, so I don't really have a storage space but I always carry my backpack.

Also took my tool bag out as it reduced it's weight =D giving me more money in my pocket for gas.

Tilt sensor has to be on a flat surface so it's near the storage space as well and the antenna I just let it run wild underneath the passenger seat.

b_who

can u adjust the sensitivity on it and if not does it go off from a loud car or noises and such stuff?