Going to the 2 day Superbike School!!

jccity6

Yeeeeeeaaaaah!!
The lovely wife asked what do you want to do for your 40th? So I said I want to go to the 2 day California Superbike School in Vegas. And holy crap she said OK:rockon:
So I get to ride the badass BMW S1000RR around the track and spend 4 days in vegas. UNREAL!!
So in the meantime, while I'm pryin myself off the ceiling, does anyone have any advice or helpful hints for this class or even track advice that isnt already on the forum (I read those). I have never done a track day and especially not on the most advanced 1000 out there. Looking forward to what you got...especially the jealousy (cause I would be if it wasnt me:D)
thanks to all
JC

Last edited:

Detrich

Am so jealous. I want to do that too!

Chevyfazer

Since its in Vegas bet on your self to go down, and try your hardest to go down, if you don't go down on a track at least once then your not pushing very hard lol so in other words try to F that Beemer up lol

Heineken

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member
D

Deleted member 9794

How much is the course and everything gonna cost you?

Bay area rider

Yeeeeeeaaaaah!!
The lovely wife asked what do you want to do for your 40th? So I said I want to go to the 2 day California Superbike School in Vegas. And holy crap she said OK:rockon:
So I get to ride the badass BMW S1000RR around the track and spend 4 days in vegas. UNREAL!!
So in the meantime, while I'm pryin myself off the ceiling, does anyone have any advice or helpful hints for this class or even track advice that isnt already on the forum (I read those). I have never done a track day and especially not on the most advanced 1000 out there. Looking forward to what you got...especially the jealousy (cause I would be if it wasnt me:D)
thanks to all
JC
Happy for you bro. Was thinkin of doing that too by the wifey didn't ask hahaha :eek:

jccity6

How much is the course and everything gonna cost you?
the course is 2250 and then just a deposit for the bike (1500 i think) and the leathers at another couple hundred. But if I avoid the advice of one of the guys and NOT go down then i wont be out any of the deposits. They provide breakfast, lunch, snacks and all the gear right down to boots and gloves if you want and all of it with a 2:1 instructor/student ratio.
PUMPED!!

roadrat

Freakin' sweeeeeet. :bow: Enjoy it and let us know your thoughts after you're done!!

jccity6

most definitely

Fizzer6R

wow you're wife gets major brownie points! - does she have any sisters? :cool:

talk about loosing you're track virginity = instead of starting off slow with a girlfriend, you're going with a pro vegas hooker!

like said, try to ignore you're on one of the fastest bikes and concentrate what the instructor is teaching. follow their lines and work on getting the brake points (they'll prob have markers/cones), accelerate through the corner techniques etc..

you will def come back a changed rider for the better. it was hard for me to go back street riding - you notice all the distractions so much more after. so nice to be in the track setting and not worry about traffic, speeding

Chucker

It will be awesome, and you don't need to worry about anything. The instructors are great and they'll ensure you don't get into trouble, unless you want to. I did the FAST school here in Ontario and loved it. You'll be amazed at how well you ride when you follow a pro around the track. I found I was really smooth with perfect lines following them. Not nearly as good on my own, but progressed all day long and was really smokin' by the end of the day.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Superzoom

Don't mean to be a spoil sport, but isn't it a bit much to start off on an S1000RR for your first track day? Wouldn't a Ninja 250 be better for a first experience? I guess it would depend on your experience.

Regardless, you have an awesome wife. Have a great birthday ride!

raybob

Don't mean to be a spoil sport, but isn't it a bit much to start off on an S1000RR for your first track day? Wouldn't a Ninja 250 be better for a first experience? I guess it would depend on your experience.
Took the class at Mid-Ohio a decade ago - they used a bunch of ratted out Kawasaki 600s. Still faster than me. :)

Finished with a big grin. You'll have a blast.

Bob