going down? post here

demon408

my freind june-bug hit an oil slick, just like a video game. a volkswagon golf blew somthin out the bottom. he went down, no jacket, just gloves. and walked away. ps bikes ok too we finished the ride.

Attachments

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
And that's why we always wear our gear, boys and girls!

ATGATT

demon408

05 gsxr 600

this is my old bike. been down 4 times. once with no gear just a helmet, lucky for me someones front yard broke my fall along with threr fence

Attachments

_serge

dropped mine today, was practicing u-turns on the nearest parking lot and came to a stop while going into a turn, lost balance and dropped my bike. The good thing is that I've installed frame sliders just yesterday :) that saved the farings from being damaged. The frame slider itself got dented + some scratches on the rear view mirror case as it touched the ground

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
dropped mine today, was practicing u-turns on the nearest parking lot and came to a stop while going into a turn, lost balance and dropped my bike. The good thing is that I've installed frame sliders just yesterday :) that saved the farings from being damaged. The frame slider itself got dented + some scratches on the rear view mirror case as it touched the ground
Yay for frame sliders! :thumbup: That's one of the most common drops at slow speed. Always make sure the handle bars are straight when coming to a stop.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Brugge

I took a slow speed drop on Saturday.There was a concrete addition to the road on a sharp corner, my front tire got caught in a "tire trap" gap between the main road and the added on part. I found out the next day that several other rides have gotten caught there too. Shift pedal got bent as did the clutch lever. I bent the shift pedal back in place when I got home. The frame sliders saved the fairing. The next day on a big bruise showed up on my leg were the bike landed.

Attachments

Last edited:

demon408

okay, u walked away

I took a slow speed drop on Saturday.There was a concrete addition to the road on a sharp corner, my front tire got caught in a "tire trap" gap between the main road and the added on part. I found out the next day that several other rides have gotten caught there too. Shift pedal got bent as did the clutch lever. I bent the shift pedal back in place when I got home. The frame sliders saved the fairing. The next day on a big bruise showed up on my leg were the bike landed.
so does this give you the perfect reason to get pazzo levers?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Dropped mine today (4 days after purchase), made a u-turn on a road, cut wide to other edge, noticed a "little" sand, and thought I'd missed it, turned out to be a pile of sand with the pavement sloping away under it. Soon as I hit it, my front tire stopped and started sliding right, I was ok at that point, then back tire started sliding too........... with my leg already extended enough to hold up the bike when the front slid, I didn't have the reach to keep it from going down when the rear followed. Slid right about 2ft and down about 8 inches, was all it took.
Minor scratches to left fairing/mirror and turn signal, slightly bent clutch and shifter (was able to bend them back when I got back to work).
Guess most drops occur on slow speed turns, now I know to keep far away from edges of roads (especially if there's sand).

Lucky you had me there to help get it back up! What would you do without me??? :D

No, but seriously... glad it wasn't any worse. All that's left after fixing it up is a couple scratches. Couldn't even tell anything happened to the shifter after you bent it back.

How did the rest clean up?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

KADO

Yea, I bent the same things on my bike a couple months back. The pieces are easy to fix but I didn't have frame sliders when it happened to me so I had to get the fairing repainted. At least you had frame sliders to save most of it.

cbelar

went down about a month ago, hit soft dirt going 30mph around the curve. my bike would have been ok, but it hit the post of the guard rail, totalling the front end. oh well... at least i walked away with a few scratches and a bruised knee. :D

Attachments

Verranth

went down about a month ago, hit soft dirt going 30mph around the curve. my bike would have been ok, but it hit the post of the guard rail, totalling the front end. oh well... at least i walked away with a few scratches and a bruised knee. :D
OUCH! :eek:

Glad you are ok though :)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Brugge

so does this give you the perfect reason to get pazzo levers?

It's been awhile since I looked at this thread but you are right, I have the Pazzo shorty levers now. I did replace the bent one with a stock lever at first for just 18 bucks but then could not resist getting the Pazzos.

Craxican

Went down once...so far...my own stupidity:eek:...cut through grass and hit a sink whole:cool:...$16 to unbend the bent shifter...