Girlfriends And Motorcycles

Zgovitz

So I already posted one thread today about my blinkers, but here is another one that I am kind of interested in just as a typical conversation. How many of you have just bought a motorcycle and then let your girlfriend, or even just friend "ride" the bike and then....Drop it. This happened to me, 4 miles were on the bike. She has since moved on and got herself a nice little Ninja 250 that is suiting her a little better.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Zgovitz

I don't have a picture of her on her bike yet, she just got it a couple days ago and no pictures have been put on the computer yet. But she is about 5'4 and it fits her perfectly. Not too heavy, like the Fz6R that weighs I think 471 with fuel lol.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

alishas

Not proud to admit that I have dumped my husbands bike and my own. mine 2 years ago was a 650 Kawasaki ninja on pea gravel taking a left side turn and his last year a ZX6R Kawasaki ninja going over uneven rail road tracks and landed in a large pot hole. We sold his bike this year after he figure out it was not the true bike that he wanted.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

So I already posted one thread today about my blinkers, but here is another one that I am kind of interested in just as a typical conversation. How many of you have just bought a motorcycle and then let your girlfriend, or even just friend "ride" the bike and then....Drop it. This happened to me, 4 miles were on the bike. She has since moved on and got herself a nice little Ninja 250 that is suiting her a little better.
I don't plan to allow anyone to ride my bike.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

no way

No way would I let my wife ride my bike, of course she doesn't ride. I also have for the moment a susuki cruiser that I might consider letter her try. I cant think of anyone i would let ride it at 4 miles, id want to at least get the first 50 down :) i did let my brother who has his own bike and i trust more than anyone try it out at around 50.

Maadi

My husband wants me to ride his FJR. I vehemently disagree and WILL NOT ever ride it. First of all, he is extremely careful with it and keeps it in great shape (it's a 2004), so of course I'd drop it just because I was thinking about it if I ever tried to ride it. And second, it's way heavier/more powerful than my FZ6R. It scares me! Not a good frame of mind for trying a bike...

JSP

Super Moderator
Wife is too afraid to ride a bike... wants to start on a dirt bike. I've let my dad and Tatty ride my bike before. I wouldnt let anyone without proof of experience ride them.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Fenixgoon

when i got my new bike, a friend of mine asked if he could ride it. i knew he'd have way too much fun on the throttle so i said no :p

i did swap with my roommate just to go around the block. my 6r for his ninja500. it's so much lighter than the 6r, but doesn't have nearly the same power. we didn't drop each other's bikes.

i've "dropped" (gently laid down) my 6r and my ninja1000 just because of dumb stuff. no major (or minor, really) damage.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

My wife grew up on a farm, and has been on dirt bikes, but she has never ridden anything bigger than an 80cc and never ridden anything on the street. She is interested and I want to get her started, but an FZ1 is not an appropriate first street ride. She is not tall at all, and I want something as light as a feather for her first ride. I have been looking at older bikes but a lot of them are heavy. I really wanted a YSR80 for her to learn on. It's small and light, and because she would not want to ride a lot I would be able to ride it when she wasn't. The power delivery is a little abrupt and the seating position doesn't really suit a beginner either, and they're not cheap when you do find one, so the cons definitely outweight the pros. I was just looking for an excuse to buy a YSR. And then Honda dropped the Grom. It's small, light, not too powerful, simple, reliable, and cheap. I've got her looking at one, and we're thinking about holding off a couple of seasons and trying to find a clean used one for her. It's everything she would ever want out of a bike, and something different and fun for me to kick around every now and then. It's also a great extra bike to have around in case a friend wants to come for a ride and see what it's all about. I have a few frineds who are interested in getting bikes and want to try it, but there is no way my FZ1 is goig to be their tester.

MaximumHP

My wife can’t keep a bicycle upright, she’s not coming anywhere near the 6R, nor does she want to. I once got her a scooter years ago, and she just doesn’t feel comfortable with the leaning of two wheeled vehicles apparently.