Gift for the Wife....I'm Lost

nlpyle

So I would like to buy my wife a leather jacket and new helmet. We will be married three years next month and in the past I have not done so well with gifts. But brother I am so lost. I have been searching like crazy on line trying to find something but everything I see is going to break the bank. So the Jacket would be like $180 tops. If I have to go textile so be it. Would like something with pink in or at least looks like a female jacket. And for a helmet same color scheme but maybe around $150 tops. Now might be a little flexiable with money but that is what i'm shooting for. Anyone have any ideas or any women out there have gear they like. Buying on line is sort of hit and miss sense you are not able to try it on until it shows up. She has been riding her bike to work daily now and thought it was time to get her a new helmet and jacket. My fello FZ6R family I have reached my end and now come to you for suggestions. Lay it on me, what do you got? And thanks in advance for any help. :surrender:

Nate

ChUcK

I recommend getting her input, especially if the money is tight. She's the one who will be wearing the jacket, so if the one you buy isn't the one she would buy, failed gift and wasted cash.

nlpyle

are the HJC helmets any good? Have never tried one of those. Our local shop does not carry those in store. And we have gone shopping before so I have a slight idea of what she is looking for, but yes good advice. On the flip side, that sorta ruins the surprise part of the gift. But still good advice.

Thank you all for your input.

JSP

Super Moderator
I wouldnt buy any clothing/helmets online for the wife... Sizing GREATLY varies between brands. Such as my wife with helmets... XXS in one brand is big on her, but she can wear a small in another and have it almost too tight.

Women LOVE to pick out clothes/accessories. I've had to deal with returning stuff that just didnt fit right, or I swore she would love but just hated for some reason. She love to pick her own stuff out and that makes her happy.

My wife would be excited surprise wise if I bought her a kitten or something haha. Otherwise I only surprise her with stuff that I have physically seen her try on, she has pointed out to me she wants, etc.

Just my thoughts... ;)

Parcho

My wife hates when I buy it and have it there waiting for her. She likes to look around at the stuff and try it on etc. The thrill of shopping I guess.

Anyways, just say happy anniversary! You get a new motorcycle jacket! Then explain that you wanted to buy one and have it there for her, but you'd rather her pick it out and try it on etc. And then go buy one that day together. Plus that lets you spend more time together.

BackBone

Buying clothing for your wife is a no win situation, unless she is involved in process. Normally on those occasions where gifts are expected, I give my wife a stick of candy, and a bag of nuts! Then take her out shopping for whatever she wants. Good Luck!

JSP

Super Moderator
Last edited:

AFDavis11

I would be careful about a jacket, on the romance scale that is about a 2 out of 10. Just saying.

Check out the computer that she uses, and see what she has "Favorited" in the last several months. Get her something from a store that she has in her Favorites (or things that she is watching) and it'll look like you're the gift giving swammi with all seeing power.

Make certain you wrap-up whatever you get, very carefully. Extra points for doing a good job on that front.

nobie318

I would get her to dress up real nice and suprise her by getting yalls portriat done if yall havent in a while. good fun doing it and its a good way to make the occasion special. my 2 cents aka family photo.

Last edited:

DragonBlu

Hey Nate! :)Maybe take her on a nice drive to CycleGear in Portland and let her look around and make the choice herself. Women love to shop.:rolleyes:

Soapartist

So I would like to buy my wife a leather jacket and new helmet. We will be married three years next month and in the past I have not done so well with gifts. But brother I am so lost. I have been searching like crazy on line trying to find something but everything I see is going to break the bank. So the Jacket would be like $180 tops. If I have to go textile so be it. Would like something with pink in or at least looks like a female jacket. And for a helmet same color scheme but maybe around $150 tops. Now might be a little flexiable with money but that is what i'm shooting for. Anyone have any ideas or any women out there have gear they like. Buying on line is sort of hit and miss sense you are not able to try it on until it shows up. She has been riding her bike to work daily now and thought it was time to get her a new helmet and jacket. My fello FZ6R family I have reached my end and now come to you for suggestions. Lay it on me, what do you got? And thanks in advance for any help. :surrender:

Nate
Nate, I wouldn't buy her any gear without her input. If my husband bought my gear for me, I would probably wear it because he took the time to shop for me, but he has not a clue what I like.
Tell her how much you can spend for those two items, and let her look for herself.
Are you sure she would like pink, or something with pink? Ya just never know.
I am not a pink all the time kinda girl. I like something that looks feminine but not neccessarily pink.
So... it is safer to ask, and let her be a part of the choices.
I've shopped a lot online, and it works pretty well as long as you pay close attention to the measurements on the sizing charts. I've also had to send a few things back, but in the end I get something nice.
MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More! ,

and

Motorcycle Jackets & Biker Helmets Clothing Store - Leather Boots, Chaps & Motorcycle Gear are a couple more in addition to the others people have listed here.
When I started, I needed some inexpensive armored gear so went to leatherup. I wore the $50 jacket for 2 yrs, before I went to find something different... and I still like the old jacket :).
Hey my Birthday is coming up the end of this month... Are you my husband posing as someone else?