Getting the hang of it...... Sort of.

SeggyGuy

So I have officially had the bike for a week now, and if you subtract the days it rained I have had 4 days in the saddle. I have just eclipsed the 300 mile mark this afternoon. Love the bike more and more each time I get on it. Each time I ride its a little smoother than the time before, but I still find myself every once in a while stalling it at a red light :facepalm:. Shifting is improving but sometimes I find getting the size 13.5's into position fast enough a little tough, and I buck the bike since my rev's are off. lol. All in all I know I have A TON of learning to do but I can't wait to get back on to get to it. Side note, if anyone can help me with some advice for my foot issue noted earlier I would appreciate. Thanks again guys.

JSP

Super Moderator
So I have officially had the bike for a week now, and if you subtract the days it rained I have had 4 days in the saddle. I have just eclipsed the 300 mile mark this afternoon. Love the bike more and more each time I get on it. Each time I ride its a little smoother than the time before, but I still find myself every once in a while stalling it at a red light :facepalm:. Shifting is improving but sometimes I find getting the size 13.5's into position fast enough a little tough, and I buck the bike since my rev's are off. lol. All in all I know I have A TON of learning to do but I can't wait to get back on to get to it. Side note, if anyone can help me with some advice for my foot issue noted earlier I would appreciate. Thanks again guys.
You can adjust the shifter up ;). Will make more room for your big feet. :D

Superzoom

Also, check out the adjustable footpegs you can get on TwistedThrottle. Should give you the clearance and positioning that you need.

r0ar

Don't worry about stalling it out . I thought I had it down, then they did my first service and messed with it a bit and the first place i go after leaving is this huge hill in traffic. Shut it off FIVE times. Felt like an idiot.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fenixgoon

you'll get the hang of it!

hell when i bought a new pair of boots i had a horrible time shifting for the first couple of weeks :D

thtpilotguy

Well now that's one less thing to worry about. I am going on sat to pick up my brand new fz6r and that ws the one concern that I had. I have size 14 or 15 wide feet. When I've been sitting on the bike at the store it hasn't quite been right. I will check out moving around the gear shift on sat.

danieljardim

I have a size 13W. on the beginning was a little tough but after about a month riding the motorcycle you get used to move your foot around shifter just the right amount. Don't start buying thins. give yourself sometime first.

I had a huge problem using the stock mirrors and was ready to start changing stuff, but decided to wait a little bit and got used to it. adjusted in a good way and now I'm very confortable riding with the stock mirrors.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Russellz89

Mate I'm the same had my bike for a week and still trying to get the hang of quicker take offs at the lights and better gear changes. I just seem to have a problem down gearing when I need to and feels like I hit the brakes. Guess we all in the same boat