Elite Member
Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Detrich

In addition to what's already been said, I'll add the following...

(1) your handlebar grip should be as if you were holding two birds- one in each hand. That's how light the touch should be.
(2) Use your legs & thighs to steady yourself and grip onto the bike as much as possible.
(3) Try to visualize yourself being "one" with the bike. When your riding form is correct, your inner thighs should be getting a workout- not your arms.

Hope this helps & practice makes perfect :)

Deanohh

In addition to what's already been said, I'll add the following...

(1) your handlebar grip should be as if you were holding two birds- one in each hand. That's how light the touch should be.
(2) Use your legs & thighs to steady yourself and grip onto the bike as much as possible.
(3) Try to visualize yourself being "one" with the bike. When your riding form is correct, your inner thighs should be getting a workout- not your arms.

Hope this helps & practice makes perfect :)
+++and have balls of the feet on pegs.

jmlevy85

Break in time

Another thing to factor in is how new your bike is. If you just rolled off the show room floor everything is going to be tight and brand new. Just like anything the throttle needs time to break in and smooth out.

FastFreddy

Keep the throttle steady so that the bike is balanced front and rear when motoring along. Revs between 3500-5500 when cruising will stop it lugging.
We all had the same problems at first, the hand gets steadier.

Then you have to learn downshifting while braking smoothly and consistenly after that. I could explain it, but basically your brain works it out from sound and feel mostly.

------
We build new circuits in the brain when learning a new task. The neurons are building a biological feedback mechanism/circuit. So you have to concentrate hard at first, then after 4 days or longer, it all becomes automatic and you don't have to use as much concentration for the task at hand. You have to stay focussed and vigilant on the bike to make sure you are doing it all properly. Everything becomes automatic to the point you almost aren't conscious of what you are doing but you just do it. Keep the focus and intensity even after it becomes automatic on the bike. I miss the intense feeling when I was first learning, I loved that.

FazerWest

I'm in the same boat lol my shifting is like riding a bull (I keep bucking forward) I found it was better when I let off the throlle LESS but I'm still having trouble I also don't wanna let off the throttle to shift cause it seems smoother but I know I have to! Practice makes perfect I guess ohhh and don't pop the clutch downshifting from 2nd to 1st like I did lol fishtail!! Let me know if u perfect it!

redwing-2001

what book are you reading and what classes have you taken?
search this forum for suggestions on both, in addition to the recommendations by others in this thread.

RoadTrip

I like to turn the throttle until it hits the stops, I believe the term is WOT, engine runs great at that position and no lurching, just smooth power. - he he, jk.

Just ride more, throttle modulation skill just gets better and better, its a real joy to control microns of angle.

Chevyfazer

You could always put a throttle tamer on it. A lot of the guys on the S1 fz6 like mine run them because our throttles are truly either on or off and takes a lot of getting used.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

fltdriver

I'll throw something I did for the first couple of weeks....

Hold the throttle and the bar end at the same time. Not only is it easier to keep a steady speed in the begining but it also slows down the turning of the throttle.
I would keep my pinky and ring finger both gripping the bar end with the rest of my hand on throttle. Then moved to just the pinky, within two weeks of getting the bike my control of the throttle had vastly increased. Sometimes on bumpy roads and very long rides I still grip the bar end and use it like a cruise control/throttle lock.

Doncan

I have always applied throttle like this to have better control unless I'm cruising on the highway at a steady pace...

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

RooKie

Motorcycle Safety Course? Best way to learn how to ride ANY motorcycle SAFELY. I highly recommend it. :)

CrazyCawi

I’m actually quite surprised how much helpful feedback and good advice we got for our fellow member in need in only 1 days time!!! this is awesome guys great job:cool:

So I have this small problem in bed....with my girlfriend:eek:and I was wondering if you guys could help me out as much as you helped out Enjarin;)
jk jk:p
Start with two D batteries and press the button to the third programed setting....turn on "cant touch this".....:picsorstfu: