Gauge Lights

OTTF

Hey everybody. I thought I would post this link for changing your Gauge Light colors. I do not particularly like the color they are now and I'm thinking of going with a Blue, Red or a combination of the two.

The only drawback of course is I will be without a ride for about 4 days...:(

Yamaha FZ1 Gauge Backlighting - Bluegauges.com

cbzdel

All they are doing is changing the LEDs from the cluster, if you know how to use a soldering iron its really not to difficult, I changed ever red LED in my Mazda 3 to a blue LED and that was 20 something LEDS..

I would of did it but I really like the color that is there now..

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
To Change Backlight brightness:

* With bike off, press and hold SELECT
* Turn bike on
* Continue to hold select until 3 small segments light up on LCD
* Release select and press reset repeatedly for desired brightness
* Press select again to confirm.
I wonder if this works without having had the LED's changed?? :don'tknow:

OTTF

Doesn't look like it, I just tried it but no LED segments light up so it must be something they add on when they change the LED's.

cbzdel

Doesn't look like it, I just tried it but no LED segments light up so it must be something they add on when they change the LED's.

I didnt read the whole thing, I just looked at the pictures.. That sounds interesting how they make that happen!

MNDZA

I wonder if this works without having had the LED's changed?? :don'tknow:
Yes it does work. It's in the manual. Can't remember exactly where, but I'm sure I read how to change the brightness on our bikes.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it does work. It's in the manual. Can't remember exactly where, but I'm sure I read how to change the brightness on our bikes.
I must have missed that when I read the manual after picking up my bike in Feb. I will give it a try later and see if I can find it in the owner's manual.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Anyone get the brightness thing to work? I will try it at lunch today.

JonKerr

Elite Member

OTTF

Yeah I have decided to go with the Red on my Raven, now I just need to see when I will be willing to take that apart and send it in.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone get the brightness thing to work? I will try it at lunch today.
Nope, no luck here getting it to work. I've tried it a few times and I never see the three small segments light up on the LCD. :don'tknow:

demon408

ride

idk about this im really not a fan i kinda like my gauge color now, i would like the blue the best if my bike wasent black and red

JSP

Super Moderator
Nope, no luck here getting it to work. I've tried it a few times and I never see the three small segments light up on the LCD. :don'tknow:
I got something to come up but have no CLUE where to go from there. If you hold both reset and trip button at the same time and turn the key to on... The temp will go to saying "HI". Keep holding it and then the screen will go away and you get nothing but "d1" in the bottom left corner.

Now you can let go and nothing happens when you push anything. Now if you hold both the buttons again, it will come up with a "d" something and beside it will be a value. You can push either button to scroll through the different "d" numbers and each one will have a number next to it or a 0, or it will say "on".

I cant figure out what any of these numbers are for nor can I change them. Not sure if this is some kind of diagnostic menu or what.

Senaca

I got something to come up but have no CLUE where to go from there. If you hold both reset and trip button at the same time and turn the key to on... The temp will go to saying "HI". Keep holding it and then the screen will go away and you get nothing but "d1" in the bottom left corner.

Now you can let go and nothing happens when you push anything. Now if you hold both the buttons again, it will come up with a "d" something and beside it will be a value. You can push either button to scroll through the different "d" numbers and each one will have a number next to it or a 0, or it will say "on".

I cant figure out what any of these numbers are for nor can I change them. Not sure if this is some kind of diagnostic menu or what.
That's quite interesting. I wonder if there are some kind of menus in there? Perhaps its what they use to make Canadian bikes not be able to swap between km/h and mph. :confused:

JSP

Super Moderator
That's quite interesting. I wonder if there are some kind of menus in there? Perhaps its what they use to make Canadian bikes not be able to swap between km/h and mph. :confused:
Yeah it was strange when I saw all the different values. One was like 93, one was 100 something, then 200 something. Just random numbers. Lots were "0". Not sure what the ones that said "on" were either. But if someone can find something that may explain it...

Maybe its in the big service manual book? Anyone have it that may want to look through it?

JSP

Super Moderator
Well, I figured out what the code stuff was while looking in the service manual.

Its apparently a diagnostic mode for the fuel injection system or something... so no luck with that in changing the back like brightness. Still looking through the manual.

cbzdel

I am really liking the white backlights shown on the FZ6 site! hmmmm...