gas tank size? how many miles do you get?

angelsneverlose

hey guys,
so i am having what might be a problem, but maybe not... how many gallons can our tank hold? How many miles do you get on average? Do we have a reserve, meaning if all the gas marks on the display are gone, does the reserve turn on, or are we empty??:confused:

Please help!:confused:

** im only asking because i am going until im empty, or think i am (1 indicator left), and then filling up, but when i fill up, i can only put 3 GALLONs?? im only get about 130miles on the tank??

is this right? we only have a 3 gallon tank?

Last edited:

Verranth

I believe we have a 4 gallon tank with .85 gallons as the reserve. The fuel guage will actually go down to no bars and then will start blinking. This is where your reserve will start. You will have about 40 miles on it, at least, the way you drive it :rof:

I've been getting about 140-150 miles before the flashing and the F-Trip starts its counting.

Most have been able to get about 45 MPG here. I regularly get at least 47, the way I ride :) I have gotten up to 50MPG.

hope this helps you out.

angelsneverlose

I believe we have a 4 gallon tank with .85 gallons as the reserve. The fuel guage will actually go down to no bars and then will start blinking. This is where your reserve will start. You will have about 40 miles on it, at least, the way you drive it :rof:

I've been getting about 140-150 miles before the flashing and the F-Trip starts its counting.

Most have been able to get about 45 MPG here. I regularly get at least 47, the way I ride :) I have gotten up to 50MPG.

hope this helps you out.
yeah, your right... that 115 is way low! i think its actually more like 130ish, but i still have the whole last bar and reserve left, so i guess im about even with most people

i do ride pretty hard, and have been riding with a group through twisty roads and stuff 2 times a week = 7-9k rpms on average!:D

best part is, they all have big bikes - 2 1000cc CBR's, an R6, and a 600cc CBR and i keep right up with them and sometimes outrun some because i corner better:)

Last edited:

oyamyers

I also fill up when I am down to one bar. I figure its best to fill up and not run out. I did the math on a couple of fill ups and figure I'm getting 45 MPG on average.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I average between 45-50 mpg. I usually fill up when the F-Trip begins to flash, but the last time I was a little lazy and didn't fill up until I had gone 35 miles on the "reserve."

Senaca

My last fill-up was at 326 km (203 miles). Still probably could have gone another 25 kms or so.. depends a little on how you ride.

My average over 2500 kms (1562 miles) is 47.08 MPG. My best tank was 50.18 MPG, worse was 43.48 (of very hard riding).

Normal riding gives me 48-49 MPG of city/hwy mixed.

Brugge

I have only been through two tanks so far. The second one I started paying attention. F-trip started flashing for me around 130 miles. When I filled up I put in 3.4 gallons and had 134 miles logged so 39 mpg not bad considering I rarely get above 4th gear, (it's a small Island)

Last edited:

fz6rwolf

Sunday I filled up, reset trip meter, rode home, rode to work and back, had 143 on trip, 2 bars left and even though I normally go over 150 miles before filling decided to fill up and was only 2.5 gallons. That's 57MPG!!! Best ever, usually around 47MPG, and yes I open up at times too.

Roaddawg

I've been commuting 5 days a week and have been getting 45-47 MPG no matter how I ride. I go 155 miles every day and a half before I fill up. When I fill up, its 3.2 gallons, and the F-trip hadn't even come on yet. Our tanks are 4.6 gallons, so you should be able to get about 200 miles per tank (including reserve). Don't go by the gauge bars to determine how much gas you have left. Use that as a guess-timate...not actual gas left. Your better off watching your mileage. I also reset my A trip meter after every fillup and use the miles as my 'gas gauge'.

fz6rwolf

I've been commuting 5 days a week and have been getting 45-47 MPG no matter how I ride. I go 155 miles every day and a half before I fill up. When I fill up, its 3.2 gallons, and the F-trip hadn't even come on yet. Our tanks are 4.6 gallons, so you should be able to get about 200 miles per tank (including reserve). Don't go by the gauge bars to determine how much gas you have left. Use that as a guess-timate...not actual gas left. Your better off watching your mileage. I also reset my A trip meter after every fillup and use the miles as my 'gas gauge'.
+1 on resetting the A trip each fill-up.

Verranth

+2 on the reset the trip. I do that too, every time :)

JSP

Super Moderator
+2 on the reset the trip. I do that too, every time :)
I'm used to resetting the trip as my old bike had no gas gauge at all. Could only use the trip as a gauge. Its a good habit to have.

neshi

i go about 129 to 150 miles and always fill up at the end of the day when the at the last bar! about 3 to 3.2 gallons.

edwinlin88

hey guys,
im averaging 200km per tank...
my bike has only done about 450kms though so it still hasnt done it's first service... but it still seems awfully low? what do you guys think?

i have the TBR exhaust and JB pro using the default map from TBR

txjames

Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

Bloke

155ish before Ftrip then have done 38 miles on reserve but lost my nerve and filled up then :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Mitch21

hey guys,
im averaging 200km per tank...
my bike has only done about 450kms though so it still hasnt done it's first service... but it still seems awfully low? what do you guys think?

i have the TBR exhaust and JB pro using the default map from TBR
I usually get 225-250kms when the F-Trip starts flashing, usually towards 225 depending on the ride.

Are you filling all the way up - is the bike completely vertical when filling?

I'd say fill it up, mark the odometer, go 50-100 km and then fill up again and calculate your actual kilometers per liter (how do you guys abbreviate that?).
+1 on standing bike up veritcal, get a bit more fuel in there.

We usually abbreviate so its L/100km lol

edwinlin88

I usually get 225-250kms when the F-Trip starts flashing, usually towards 225 depending on the ride.
great, thanks Mitch... can see you've got TBR+PCV so fair comparison.
you work in km's and L's too... easier to get my thick head around...
:)

jocampo

I may have a big issue. When last one starts flashing, odometer reads 100 miles. This is consistent, all the time and riding conservative, city traffic with average of 40 mph (my commute is only 5 miles)

Less than 2k total. At the beginning I thought it was part of break-in period but does not look normal to me.