gas tank size? how many miles do you get?

KeysRider3

The tank spec is 4.57 gallons, with .85 gallons reserve. Our bike has an odometer, two trip meters, and the infamous "F-Trip" that is activated when the bike has fuel for only another 35 miles or so. When you're on F-Trip you're using your reserve. If you run it dry you'll need to cycle the injection system (turn the key ON - Off and let the electronics do their thing) 3-4 times after you've added fuel before you try to re-start the motor. Depending on how I ride I've gotten anywhere from 40 to 50 mpg, and have ridden up to 196 miles before refueling (No, I was not on F-Trip). It pretty much has the same range as my Harley Road Glide that has a 5 gallon tank..., and requires premium fuel. The fuel gauge on that bike is less accurate than the one on my 6R. So, on both bikes I use the A Trip Meter as a fuel gauge, and usually don't go beyond 160 before refueling. I use the B Trip Meter as a service interval meter because I like to do an oil/filter change every 2500 miles.

iSpoolin

I don't remember the tank size on the Daytona, but I get about 150 to a tank on canyon riding, and if i'm on the interstate cruising in 5-6th gear I can go about 180, but that's REALLY pushing it.

k6gad

One thing not yet mentioned. This time of year some states allow alcohol to be added to the fuel and that will reduce the milage that you may see. Just saying... notice it here in CA every winter with my cars and the bikes.

travisH3

I didn't think your supposed to fill it up with it standing vertical??? I always fill to the top but while it's leaning, I'm averaging 46-47 mpg using my fuelly account. I feel like it has a really small tank but I have been filling up when it has about a bar left and get about 3 gallons in.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

travisH3

I fill mine on the side stand and stop when the fuel reaches that metal grate. My very first tank was only about 40mpg, but every tank after has been 45-55. Halfway through tank #3 I had my PCV and Marthy Viper. I LOVE to wot the bike in the first three gears and the lowest I've gotten since mods is about 44. I usually still get closer to 50.

I've never waited for my last bar to drop off to fill up, and I usually get about 130+ miles before I add gas.

Just my contribution. Hope it helps!
Did you just load marthy's map or did you go in and change the fuel settings. He told me to for more power but I will do it if I get bored of the bike and want more power. Just wondering if you did that or not to see if it changes the fuel mileage.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

alh081

just filled up for the second time. both times..i calculate only 35mpg. i hit 120ish this time before my f-trip starts. i'm wondering why my mpg so low compared to others. would it be because its all city riding? I also heard that after my 600 service, it should get better. true?

linkgt

Are you using the Advgear RebB map or the Sport / Touring RevB? I have the Advgear and Touring maps loaded and switch fro one to the other depending how I ride (Map switch). The maps are the same over 20% throttle.

I average 40-42 MPG. I was able to get 45 MPG on freeway @ 75-80 MPH. Most of the time I can't get 150 miles on a tank, if I do it's because I push my luck on the reserve. 160 miles on 3.8 gals on the last tank.
Same here!

killabee

so is it a bad thing that I fill up to the metal grate while sitting on the bike?

txjames

Elite Member

black_fz6r_12

I get about 130-160 miles out of my tank. Depends on how I ride it as well. I try to fill up before my reserve starts kicking it. It makes me nervous lol.