FZ6R TBR exhaust group buy...

SiGPiGomer

Where is the best deal for the Two Brothers exhaust. So far i have been able to find it for as low as $950 for the carbon fiber one. Any advice guys. Also any recomendations for a good fender eliminator.

B

blaxx

Where is the best deal for the Two Brothers exhaust. So far i have been able to find it for as low as $950 for the carbon fiber one. Any advice guys. Also any recomendations for a good fender eliminator.
New Enough for the carbon fiber $875 shipped. Link:
Two Brothers Racing Yamaha FZ6R M2 VALE Complete System Exhaust 2009 :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts

Fender eliminator. Evotech. About $90 but some others have had good results going other routes, do a search and you'll see. Link:
http://www.evotech-performance.com/acatalog/info_7193.html

unleased1287

ok well after seeing blaxx's pics mine is just like urs and i messed with it a little bit and i got it to not touch anything and sits just like ur blaxx i thought it was wrong looking at 99avenger's but yea mine sits tucked in really nicely. this pipe sounds sooooo goooood and sooo loud i love it its a very nice growl at low rpms till about 8-12 then a very nice zing sound to it. couldnt ask anything else about it i notice really good throttle response almost instantly and after running it for a little bit and driving it the back fires doesnt happen as much and it stoped shooting fire balls from it lol. ill post some vids tomomr of me red lining weather here in NY sucks and wont be sunny till tuesday but i think its not suppose to rain tommor to much. once again i want to thank u 99 for the time u spent to hook us up with these bad A$$ systems o and p.s i did this without a stand and it was a pain in the ars everything was ok till it got to tightening the 4 hex heads to the muffler other then that not to hard. and i got the ticking nose to stop i let it sit a little and turned all the header nutts 1/8 more and the nose went right away purring like a lion now lol

nate

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Robert, how did you configure your muffler hanger bracket things? I am NOT being critical here :), but it looks like it's hanging a little too low and sticking too far out. I circled the part in question in these 2 pix:

Maybe a remount would gain you a little more room on the right hand leans.
Blaxx, I thought it was sticking out too far when I finished, that's why I asked initially. Could you possibly take a close up pic of the muffler hanger bracket and the muffler strap? I may have put it on in the wrong direction, but I'm not sure without seeing how yours is.

unleased1287

here are a couple of pics of mine how it sits the bolt they gave u for the muffler hanger was to short i didn't want to fight with it so i used the oem from the left side tightened all the way and then just put some of the high temp silicone on it so it wouldn't loosen. its tight as hell on there and doesnt shoot out the side hope this helps 99

Attachments

SiGPiGomer

I was told by my dealers service department, that if you put a full exhaust system on your bike, then you have to get a power cammnder too. Does anyone have any advice they can give me on this. Thanks for the help so far.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I was told by my dealers service department, that if you put a full exhaust system on your bike, then you have to get a power cammnder too. Does anyone have any advice they can give me on this. Thanks for the help so far.
First, let me say welcome to the forum! You'll like it here and there are plenty of knowledgeable people to get answers and advice from.

Second, to address your question. This has been asked a couple times before. Please try to use the search function first, but if you don't find what you are looking for, then by all means come ask away.

With that out of the way...;) No, you won't necessarily need the Power Commander with the addition of just the exhaust. Being that these bikes are EFI, the ECU should be able to adjust to the new exhaust. I would suggest that if you do replace the exhaust, unplug the battery to reset the ECU, then it should remap itself to the new parameters of the exhaust. However, if you change the air filter to a high flow/performance air filter, you will definitely want to consider getting the Power Commander or a Juice Box.

So far, those of us who have changed the exhaust are not noticing anything different in the way the bike runs. Many of us are seeing better response in the throttle and more responsiveness all around. I plan to adjust the idle and sync the throttle bodies just to get everything as smooth as possible. There is a guide for this in the How-to section if you are interested.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, guys...

From looking at the pictures posted, I have diagnosed my problem. When I installed the hanger bracket to the stock exhaust mounting position, I attached it in front, not in back. This explains why my muffler is farther to the right side than the rest of yours. Easy enough to fix, I will probably do it tonight after work. :thumbup:

Thanks!

MNDZA

I'm waiting for my dealer to call me to tell me he has the exhaust in today. I BETTER GET THIS CALL TODAY OR I'M GONNA EXPLODE! I even dream about my exhaust and when I wake up I could smell it.....oh wait....maybe that's something else...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I don't know how you haven't gone postal yet? IMHO, I would just cancel with the dealership, get our money back and pay less through New Enough and have it about 3-4 days later.

Good luck, bro!

unleased1287

here is a drive by of the fz6r with twobrothers on it i was doing 12k rpm at 106mph when i passed the camera
here is the link to see it [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Agi3rPZXw]YouTube - fz6r drive by[/ame]

nate

MNDZA

njdan

First, let me say welcome to the forum! You'll like it here and there are plenty of knowledgeable people to get answers and advice from.

Second, to address your question. This has been asked a couple times before. Please try to use the search function first, but if you don't find what you are looking for, then by all means come ask away.

With that out of the way...;) No, you won't necessarily need the Power Commander with the addition of just the exhaust. Being that these bikes are EFI, the ECU should be able to adjust to the new exhaust. I would suggest that if you do replace the exhaust, unplug the battery to reset the ECU, then it should remap itself to the new parameters of the exhaust. However, if you change the air filter to a high flow/performance air filter, you will definitely want to consider getting the Power Commander or a Juice Box.
So far, those of us who have changed the exhaust are not noticing anything different in the way the bike runs. Many of us are seeing better response in the throttle and more responsiveness all around. I plan to adjust the idle and sync the throttle bodies just to get everything as smooth as possible. There is a guide for this in the How-to section if you are interested.
I see a few guys on this forum who have changed out the stock air filter and replaced it with the GYTR or the K&N high flow filters who do not have the Power commander.Why would you need the PC with just a High Flow air filter?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I see a few guys on this forum who have changed out the stock air filter and replaced it with the GYTR or the K&N high flow filters who do not have the Power commander.Why would you need the PC with just a High Flow air filter?
I meant if you changed both the exhaust and air filter. If you do just the air filter, you won't need one.

njdan

Thanks for clearing that up.. Because I ordered a K&N filter today and had no intetntion of getting a Power Commander until I decide which exhaust to get.

cbzdel

what happens if you run a exhast+high flow filter without the power commander, just not running at 100% or will there be some kind of catastrophic failure lol

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
what happens if you run a exhast+high flow filter without the power commander, just not running at 100% or will there be some kind of catastrophic failure lol
There won't be a catastrophic failure right off. However, it will cause the bike to run REAL lean (which it does from the factory already). This will make it run/ride like total crap. Prolonged engine use under lean conditions will likely lead to a catastrophic event though. :eek:

cbzdel

There won't be a catastrophic failure right off. However, it will cause the bike to run REAL lean (which it does from the factory already). This will make it run/ride like total crap. Prolonged engine use under lean conditions will likely lead to a catastrophic event though. :eek:
Well damn I guess I need to add the cost of the power commander to my exhaust purchase, since i just ordered the K&N....

Where is the Leo exhaust :D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Well damn I guess I need to add the cost of the power commander to my exhaust purchase, since i just ordered the K&N....

Where is the Leo exhaust :D
If you are not all that interested in complete remapping or creating your own custom maps, you should check into a Juice Box. They are cheaper and allow on-the-fly adjustments with the push of a button from an LED control module that you would mount close to the dash.

Just a heads up to another option. It plugs in between the ECU and injectors (fuel system, I believe) and allows you to change the fuel input without affecting the stock ECU settings.