FZ6R TBR exhaust group buy...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, there are a couple dB killers available. There is a thread in the FZ6 section on which one is better I believe.

Blaxx, I did notice the exhaust exits on both systems. Definitely one reason the TBR sounds so nice!

Right now, I have a little over 2200 miles. :thumbup:

F

FZ1inNH

The gasket isn't going to change this much guys (and girls). Because this exhaust replaces everything and eliminates the CAT, the excess fuel entering the exhaust will not be burned by the cat, thus ending up with the popping and gurgling. The best thing you can do now is the airbox mod and install a PC III pr PC V and get the thing tuned with a custom map to reduce the excess fuel in the exhaust.

If you think your popping is bad, you ought to hear the Two Bros on my FZ1!

T

Tremulant

Hey, have any of you guys actually received your exhaust yet? I'm excited to see how it looks...seems like you guys have been waiting FOREVER!

Edit: Sorry, guess I should have read a little deeper. I see Blaxx and a few others already have them. Post some pics guys!

B

blaxx

Because this exhaust replaces everything and eliminates the CAT, the excess fuel entering the exhaust will not be burned by the cat, thus ending up with the popping and gurgling
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I think it sounds kinda tuff! :rockon: :D

F

FZ1inNH

Hey, have any of you guys actually received your exhaust yet? I'm excited to see how it looks...seems like you guys have been waiting FOREVER!

Edit: Sorry, guess I should have read a little deeper. I see Blaxx and a few others already have them. Post some pics guys!
They did... pics and video? Keep reading! ;)

For those that missed out and want it, Nate at New Enough has the CF kit online at $875, so only $50 more than the group buy! Way to go Nate! :thumbup:

B

blaxx

Look at page 13 and 14 of this thread, I have pix and a vid.

Also look at the FZ6R video section for another vid.

Hopefully some others will post some more. :thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't pay very close attention, but I got to wondering about the position of the can. The way it sits, out to the right side like that, I wonder how much it will affect the ability to really lean the bike over on the right side during aggressive riding at the track?? :confused:

I'll have to take a closer look this evening after I get off work. Any opinions Blaxx?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I think you would scrape the foot peg first.
Really? It just looks like it sticks out farther than the foot peg. :don'tknow:

B

blaxx

I held a large piece of plywood at the front and rear wheels and brought it up, and contact with the muffler doesn't occour until the footpeg is pressed about half way up.
It's true the muffler sits lower than the footpeg, but the footpeg sticks out further, whereas the muffler is tucked in further.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I held a large piece of plywood at the front and rear wheels and brought it up, and contact with the muffler doesn't occour until the footpeg is pressed about half way up.
It's true the muffler sits lower than the footpeg, but the footpeg sticks out further, whereas the muffler is tucked in further.
That's what I determined after staring for a few minutes at the geometry between the tires, foot peg and exhaust. Glad that we came to the same conclusion. :thumbup: I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't be able to do any track days. :cheer:

Here are just a few pics I took tonight to get an idea of how it looks on the yellow FZ6R. lol I'll see about adding to the videos later.

MNDZA

According to my dealer, the exhaust has been billed to him and shipped and I will get it on Friday......I've never had to wait for something so long before.....I kinda don't even want it anymore. Eh who am I kidding....I CAN'T WAIT! Can I do the install without a stand?

B

blaxx

According to my dealer, the exhaust has been billed to him and shipped and I will get it on Friday......I've never had to wait for something so long before.....I kinda don't even want it anymore. Eh who am I kidding....I CAN'T WAIT! Can I do the install without a stand?
That's great news! :thumbup:

You know you want it! LOL ;) Your gonna really be pleased with it.

You could probably do it fine without the stand, however I used one of those stands from Harbor Freight ($40), and it made getting the plastics off and on easier, also nice to have the bike in an upright position rather than leaning over on the kickstand. This may be a good time for you to get one, it's well worth it.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, like Blaxx said, it could probably be done without a stand. However, it's going to be a lot easier with one. I used a rear stand and it gave me more ground clearance for removing and installing the exhaust.

I truly hope you get it Friday. You've gone through a ton of trouble to get this exhaust.

Take care.

unleased1287

this is to ppl that have the tbr already on there bike was wondering if the mufflers touches anything under the bike and if u have any ticking noise from the front of the bike i have the headers tighten as much as i want them feel like they will brake if any tighter and how did u put the headers on the bike like the longer ones in the middle and the short ones on the ends or vise verusa. sounds great but mine sits really close to the a-arm but has clearance every where else.

nate

Attachments

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Take a look at my pictures up above and see if that helps answer your questions.

My muffler doesn't touch anything, and as you can see in one of my pics, it has a lot of clearance under the bike. As far as the ticking noise goes, I have it as well. I wonder if it is the tension springs that hold the headers to the collectors? :confused:

Yes, the longer header tubes go in the middle and the shorter ones on the outside.

B

blaxx

I hear no ticking noise or anything like that from the collectors or at the head. I'm assuming you reused the original gaskets for the header tubes at the head, and that they are all correctly inserted? I don't know what to say about that. :confused:

Anyway, here's a couple more close up pix so you guys can see the clearance between the muffler and the swingarm on mine, to compare:

B

blaxx

Take a look at my pictures up above and see if that helps answer your questions.

My muffler doesn't touch anything, and as you can see in one of my pics, it has a lot of clearance under the bike. As far as the ticking noise goes, I have it as well. I wonder if it is the tension springs that hold the headers to the collectors? :confused:

Yes, the longer header tubes go in the middle and the shorter ones on the outside.
Robert, how did you configure your muffler hanger bracket things? I am NOT being critical here :), but it looks like it's hanging a little too low and sticking too far out. I circled the part in question in these 2 pix:

Maybe a remount would gain you a little more room on the right hand leans.