FZ6R TBR exhaust group buy...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I might be interested as well, depending on timing and fund availability!
Unfortunately, you're about a week too late. The group buy has ended for this go around. Maybe someone else would like to set up another group buy...

BTW, :welcome: You're going to enjoy this bike and our little cult...err...forum.

B

blaxx

I'm at work rite now. When i get home i'll post some pix. If it is there. Lol

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm at work rite now. When i get home i'll post some pix. If it is there. Lol
Ok, let's make a deal. Since I organized the group buy, no one can install there system until I get mine and install it first. :D

J/K Actually, since you will likely be the first to post a video, the rest of us can decide if we like it then return or sell if at full price. lol :rolleyes:

B

blaxx

Delivered!
But i guess will have to wait since i can't install it yet. :-(

Lol j/k. I get u guys some pix as soon as i can. I need to get out of work. I think i'm feeling a little sick. Lol

R

ruffnready5

Re: FINAL LIST...FZ6R TBR exhaust group buy...

anything to get the rediculous price of sounding cool down to minimum. Got to have for tuner, filter, exhaust upgrade. vroom vroom wheelie up!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Delivered!
But i guess will have to wait since i can't install it yet. :-(

Lol j/k. I get u guys some pix as soon as i can. I need to get out of work. I think i'm feeling a little sick. Lol
Tell the boss your neighbor just ran over your dog and you have to take it to the vet to get examined.

B

blaxx

OK. Got er unboxed and am now going to install. Here's the pix so far (sorry the are a little on the big side) :thumbup: :

MNDZA

Wow....I'm super jealous.......they better send mine this week or else. Or else what? Exactly.

B

blaxx

TB Install Pix

Ok, got it installed, figure 2 to 3 hours depending on how carefull you want to be, but it was not bad at all.

Well, lets get started, put the swingarm on a stand and remove plastics, both sides make it easier, also let the bike cool before you start:

Remove clamps for the header pipes:

Remove RH muffler bolt:

And LH muffler bolt:

Now remove that lead weight! lol:

Bye bye! :

Install new header assembly, do not tighten yet, and reuse the old gasket seals don't loose them! (they look like o-rings):

That's better :) :

Install muffler hanger bracket, muffler with muffler strap hanger thingy, line everything up good, and tighten everything up, from front to back. Lookin good!:

The only thing I did not do was to put the black rubber RTV high temp sealant where the collectors slip into each other, they fit pretty tight as is, and since there's no baffles in the muffler, there should not be much if any backpressure to deal with (versus stock muffler anyway), so I will see how it does, I can always go in later and put sealant on it if need be, plus I didn't want to mess with taking the springs on and off for the collectors, they are a PITA!

Hope this helps someone out. And let me add, you may want to wear earplugs when you ride, it is loud as f**k compared to the stockie setup. Also you will feel more heat on your right shoe, as the exhaust gasses fly out of that can! Oh yea, the almost 10 lb weight loss is noticeable. It will put a smile on your face!

Peace!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great man! :rockon:

Did the install sheet sent with the exhaust include torque settings for the header bolts, or any of the bolts for that matter??

So you say it is loud, but do you like the exhaust note? Is it deeper like the video I posted comparing the stock and TBR system on the GSXR-600?

Get us a link to a video or something, you little tease! :thumbup:

B

blaxx

Looks great man! :rockon:

Did the install sheet sent with the exhaust include torque settings for the header bolts, or any of the bolts for that matter??

So you say it is loud, but do you like the exhaust note? Is it deeper like the video I posted comparing the stock and TBR system on the GSXR-600?

Get us a link to a video or something, you little tease! :thumbup:
I'm trying to up a vid to youtube right now, it's not working and pi**ing me off, but I will get it soon hopefully.

It is a deep note, not real raspy as I like to call it, it is deep enough I think it scrambled my brains a little when I was test riding! :eek:

There were no torque settings in the instructions, it just said to re-check everything for tightness after 50 to 100 miles. Myself I don't worry about torque on this stuff, I just get it good and "snug". Lol. :)

Stay tuned for a quick video, if I can get the sum bioch to upload......

MNDZA

Hurry!!!!!!!

B

blaxx

It's "processing" the vid now, whatever that means lol. I am a youtube "noob", so bear with me. :)

MNDZA

I just saw it.......SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I can't wait to get mine!!!

B

blaxx

Thanks dood! Now if I can figure out how to embed the video in my post........

B

blaxx

Ok, here's the vid........

[youtubevid]881p9B19kEg[/youtubevid]

And all the smoke coming from the exhaust is the oil and stuff on the insides of the pipes burning off. :eek:

fz6rwolf

Sounded pretty good, not real loud.:thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Just what I was hoping for! Classic TBR exhaust note. So when you are out riding, you can actually hear the exhaust over the engine noise now? :rolleyes:

In about 2-3 days, youtube is going to be flodded with new videos of everyone's TBR on their FZ6R!! HAHAHA :cheer:

EDIT: Blaxx, do me a quick favor. When you get the chance, put the entire stock exhaust on a scale. The TBR system weighs around 12 pounds and it would be nice to know what sort of weight savings we will get. Thanks, man!

Sara'sFZ6R

Does anyone know if you have to get a power commander with the correct mapping in order for the exhaust to work properly or can you just slap the new exhaust on there and take off?

F

FZ1inNH

You can just slap this on since the R has no O2 sensor. The ECU will not know the difference. :D

That sounds SWEET compared to the stock sewing machine! I got a ton of smoke from the initital burn on the FZ1 too. It's all gone after about 20 minutes over 7k RPMs. :D

Well done! Now, who is going to order the XJ6 center stand and try it? ;)