FZ6R TBR exhaust group buy...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
DOH! You beat me to it Robert. LOL. :D
Come on, man....you got be quicker than that! lol :ban:

BTW, I think Nate is going to be placing the order soon. So hopefully it won't be much longer before we get these bad boys. :rockon:

B

blaxx

Come on, man....you got be quicker than that! lol :ban:

BTW, I think Nate is going to be placing the order soon. So hopefully it won't be much longer before we get these bad boys. :rockon:
Yea! I'm totally stoked! Just let me know what I need to do when the time draws near. :thumbup:

phocoyote7

hey guys i just got off the phone with two brothers, talked to them about this exhaust for the bike they say that if u have to be hooked to a smog machine to pass inspection it will not pass i know in ny any thing above 96 has too so for those that r interested in it KEEP YOUR STOCK EXHAUST. and for the running lean yes the bike will run lean but it will not in any way harm your engine he said they have tested for years on bikes with out power commanders and juice box's and they have never harmed the engine. he says that there is no juice box or power commander yet for this bike but they r in the process's of making one just cause the bike is so new and that will tune the bike in better for more power.

nate
Of course you would have to do this, makes me rethink again ;) Sounds good, but are they gonna back it up if something does happen? You got me researching further and found this on TBR website:

Do I need a jet kit?

Need? No. Want? Probably. A Two Brothers Racing exhaust system will almost never cause a bike to run worse than it did with the stock exhaust system. However the addition of a jet kit or Power Commander will improve performance and rideability on most models. Performance gains vary among bikes, ask us what’s right for you.

My bike is fuel injected, do I need to make any adjustments or chip changes?

Generally fuel injected bikes automatically compensate for exhaust and engine related modifications very well. Unless you are building a Superbike motor with over 30% horsepower increases, your stock FI system should work just fine with your new exhaust system and you will reap the benefits immediately. We have however found that with the addition of either a Juice Box™ or a Power Commander with the proper map, the ride-ability of the bike will improve greatly over that of the stock bike and there can be additional performance gains to be had. We carry our own signature Juice Box Fuel Controller and Dynojet Power Commanders for most fuel injected bikes and we can also furnish it with a map just for your machine and our pipe.

Here is link if anyone is interested http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/FAQ/index.htm

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
FINAL LIST!!! FZ6R TBR exhaust group buy...

Alright, I am finalizing my list to give to Nate at NewEnough for the Two Brothers complete exhaust group buy. If you are on the list below, I have sent you a PM to verify you are still in and what finish you want.

If you are not on the list and want this exhaust, PM me with your name and what finish you want. I will likely contact Nate next week to get the order rolling. Once confirmed, I will highlight the names on the list until all are accounted for, at which time the order will be placed.

1. Robert Charvat (99vengeur) - Carbon Fiber
2. Larry Moorhead (blaxx) - Carbon Fiber
3. Jeremy (K2jer) - Titanium
4. Nathan Lesinski (unleased1287) - Carbon Fiber
5. Blake Feusner (lilfuzz) - Carbon Fiber
6. Danny Slover (dgslover) - Carbon Fiber
7. Nick Okerson (Nautical05) - Carbon Fiber

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to get this order placed by the end of this week. Those of you who haven't confirmed you are still in, please do so soon. :spank: (lilfuzz)

B

blaxx

I see theres only 4 of us? Surprised there's not more. Any updates Robert? Are we looking at placing the order Fri?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I see theres only 4 of us? Surprised there's not more. Any updates Robert? Are we looking at placing the order Fri?
Yeah, I think some people have decided to wait a while and see what the market will produce in the upcoming months from other manufacturers.

We can place the order whenever, but I'm leaning towards Friday. All we need is 3 total people to get the $825 shipped price, but the more the merrier.

I just spoke with Nate to give him an update on our end. He said that the 1st production run was pushed back and will be completed June 5th. He's still not sure whether TBR will sneak him a few from their first batch. In other words, it's hard to say when the systems will start going out after we place the order.

The wait is killing me, but it will be worth it! :cheer:

unleased1287

so its looking like it will be sometime after June 5 that they will receive them and still take like 10-14 days after for us to get them its that's the case that cool. dieing to hear what r bike is going to sound with this exhaust. so if u guys know any one that has a video of the tbr on a fz6r plz post thanks

nate

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
so its looking like it will be sometime after June 5 that they will receive them and still take like 10-14 days after for us to get them its that's the case that cool. dieing to hear what r bike is going to sound with this exhaust. so if u guys know any one that has a video of the tbr on a fz6r plz post thanks

nate
Actual sounds clips are not available, as I have already asked. :spank:

When I was talking with Nate from NE, I asked him if TBR had any video of the exhaust while they were testing. He said that there wasn't any video of the exhaust, so I guess we'll just have to wait until someone installs the first system and posts a video. :(

MNDZA

Yeah, I think some people have decided to wait a while and see what the market will produce in the upcoming months from other manufacturers.

We can place the order whenever, but I'm leaning towards Friday. All we need is 3 total people to get the $825 shipped price, but the more the merrier.

I just spoke with Nate to give him an update on our end. He said that the 1st production run was pushed back and will be completed June 5th. He's still not sure whether TBR will sneak him a few from their first batch. In other words, it's hard to say when the systems will start going out after we place the order.

The wait is killing me, but it will be worth it! :cheer:
I think I might cancel my order. When I ordered it long long ago, they told my dealer it would be shipped May 8th. On the 18th, he called and asked what was the hold up and they claimed they already shipped out the first batch to people who ordered it a long time ago and that mine would be in the second batch in 7 to 10 days. Well as of today there's nothing and now on here I'm hearing June 5th. BS

Nautical05

I don't mean this as an insult to you or Two Brothers, but check before you post information. There IS currently a Power Commander for the FZ6R.

Power Commander V Support, Find Installation Guides and Maps

YAMAHA FZ6R 09 POWER COMMANDER V FREE SHIPPING:eBay Motors (item 290305527190 end time May-24-09 11:58:32 PDT)
Ok i have one question. I was talking to my buddy and he said After market exhausts and power commanders go hand in hand. He said without one we would have less power with the new exhaust. does this buy come with a pc111?

and is that statement true?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Ok i have one question. I was talking to my buddy and he said After market exhausts and power commanders go hand in hand. He said without one we would have less power with the new exhaust. does this buy come with a pc111?

and is that statement true?
No, this group buy is for the exhaust alone.

As for the statement, I will try to answer the best I can. With the aftermarket exhaust, you should still see some gains in power. In fact, Two Brothers has a dyno chart showing an increase of about 6 hp. Now, most bikes come from the factory running lean already and adding an exhaust may make them run even more lean. The Power Commander and Juice Box are used for fine mapping the fuel delivery for improved power and especially rideability. There should not be a loss of power after adding the aftermarket exhaust.

Now, if you plan to swap to a high-flow performance air filter, you are definitely going to want a PC-V or a Juice Box. But if you are only doing the exhaust, the ECU on our bikes should be able to somewhat readjust to the new exhaust.

As for me, I am holding off on the PC-V or Juice Box until I have the exhaust on and see how the bike reacts to it. If I feel I need one, then I will get one at that time.

I hope that answers your question.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Below is the final list for this group buy. If you were unable to get in this time, PM me and I can give you the information you need to get another one going. The first production batch is scheduled to release this coming Friday, June 5th. Hopefully we will start seeing systems then, but it may be a couple weeks until the second production batch. I will keep everyone updated as I get information from Nate at NE.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that payment wil be collected closer to the time that the pipes start shipping out. So make sure you don't spend your money before then! LOL

1. Robert Charvat (99vengeur) - Carbon Fiber
2. Larry Moorhead (blaxx) - Carbon Fiber
3. Nathan Lesinski (unleased1287) - Carbon Fiber
4. Blake Feusner (lilfuzz) - Carbon Fiber
5. Danny Slover (dgslover) - Carbon Fiber
6. Nick Okerson (Nautical05) - Carbon Fiber

lilfuzz

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need a time machine!!!!!!!!!! I cant FREAKING WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:stupidpc::stupidpc::stupidpc::drool::drool::drool::drool::banghead::banghead::banghead:

B

blaxx

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need a time machine!!!!!!!!!! I cant FREAKING WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:stupidpc::stupidpc::stupidpc::drool::drool::drool::drool::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Calm down Blake! LOL :D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!! It looks like a lot of us are feeling the anxiety and anticipation. The 5th IS only 4 days away, but we may or may not see any from this first production batch.

Patience young grasshoppers!

xplodnstar

Hey, guys, I was wondering if anyone might be willing to mod their stock exhaust once the new one is on. Or maybe just donate it to science.

I've been wondering about the possibility of reworking the stock to open it up and make it louder, but I'm not willing to try it on my daily driver. I like the look of the stocky, but it sounds like I'm driving a monorail and noone knows I'm there.

Just an idea....

B

blaxx

Hey, guys, I was wondering if anyone might be willing to mod their stock exhaust once the new one is on. Or maybe just donate it to science.

I've been wondering about the possibility of reworking the stock to open it up and make it louder, but I'm not willing to try it on my daily driver. I like the look of the stocky, but it sounds like I'm driving a monorail and noone knows I'm there.

Just an idea....
Not a bad suggestion. After I get the Two Bros. installed I might have to cut open the stock one to see what might be done with it:thumbup:. I've got a wire feed welder to seal it back up, this maybe the only way to mod the internals.