FZ6R Revision

Doncan

I think it's about time for Yamaha to revise our motorcycle. What should we expect from the revised model ?? What would you like to see ??

JSP

Super Moderator
Hmmm... Never really thought what the next remodel will look like. Think it will be another 2 years before a redesign. Not sure what they will change besides appearance. It is an entry level bike, so it most likely wont get any mechanical goodies. Maybe an ABS option...( think other country versions already have this option? )

Deanohh

Get rid of the nonfunctional air scoops and the stupid thing above the headlight.

Integrate blinkers into cowl and tail so they don't look like outdated add ons.

CrazyCawi

the only problem with this is it isnt dot legal to sell accross the board in the US like that.

Frinksbonkers

ABS is already avaliable (on the XJ6 which is the same bike) A little bit more power would be nice

Doncan

I posted this thread because Kawasaki already revised the Ninja 650 which is our direct competition. I would love Yamaha to get rid of the non-functional air scoops like the Euro version with better aero, get rid of the non-functional ''parking light'' and better looking rearview mirrors. As for the engine I would like more power and torque but still within the useable power range as is now. Sort of what Marthy is doing with his. Also ABS at least as an option. Chassis, suspension and brakes are good for what the bike is intended for and keep price acceptable and competitive.

Last edited:

dipple666

Whilst having a UK spec bike is great because we haven't got the useless air pipes on the side. The one thing I would like to see is a link system exhaust, they know that everyone wants to change the awful cat box that comes with it because it sounds pathetic!
Not asking for a full akro system as standard, but just something that we could change if we wanted to.

Chucker

Other than a few cosmetic changes, I kind of like the idea of keeping the price low so that anyone can tailor the bike to their specific tastes while keeping the overall spend lower than a SS. If you add all the things we'd like, you drive the price up and still will not please everyone.

Sage

Adding ABS as an option would be good for those who want it.

Then a few cosmetic changes along with changing the exhaust

Jago9

I posted this thread because Kawasaki already revised the Ninja 650 which is our direct competition. I would love Yamaha to get rid of the non-functional air scoops like the Euro version with better aero, get rid of the non-functional ''parking light'' and better looking rearview mirrors. As for the engine I would like more power and torque but still within the useable power range as is now. Sort of what Marthy is doing with his. Also ABS at least as an option. Chassis, suspension and brakes are good for what the bike is intended for and keep price acceptable and competitive.
+1!
I agree the air scoops are a little gaudy, the turn signals are very cheap looking. What Kawasaki did is make their 650 look a little more polished and refined, I still love the overall look of the 6r way better. But Yamaha could take some notes from Kawasaki and just polish up the 6R a bit. power wise I think the bike is fine, again it is a beginner sport bike, if they want to make an intermediate sport bike then they could adjust the intakes and throttle bodies and everything else or go with a slightly bigger engine displacement maybe use the new FZ8 as a template and build a sport bike based off of that for those of us who love the 6r but want to step it up a bit.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
And remember there is also the FZ8 that fills a lot of space now. So it will need to stay below that to remain cost effective for them to keep it in their line-up.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

See red

Problem with a 60lb loss is the thing will be blown around too much on the long haul highways. The only issue for me with the ninja was that.