Fz6r... R6

Zwillmon

I just got a 09 fz6r but what really is the difference from this bike from a R6? The YZF 6r is the same as a R6 or is that a different bike also?

I know it's the same motor but it's a detuned. And the fz6r has a steel frame and is gear lowered but what else is really different.

If I add a power commander will my bike keep up with a R6?

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

vkamnev

actually...

I saw video on youtube where 6r and r6 were put side by side in acceleration test. funny thing is that r6 wins only because much farther deadline and right until 6r redline they go the same.

But yeah, r6 will leave you in the dust. Though r6 is supersport and not suitable for long rides and city traffic

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lrCTdXgmzw"]R6 vs FZ6R - 0 to 60 Race!! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

FastFreddy

The R6 revs to 16-17 thou, has about 130 HP vs 80 HP or so, weighs less ~185 kg vs ~213 kg and is higher spec everywhere. For the same rider on both bikes, there's no contest. It's mainly the rider up to a certain high standard of fastness, then if you are better than that and have been riding well for years, then its up to the bike. R6s seem to be the bike I've most often seen on the side of the road down for some reason ? Apparently they open the throttle for you going into corners (to reduce back torque like a 2 stroke) which would send you wide if you didn't know about it.

RooKie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlUecmpzZ88]Is a Supersport right for you? - YouTube[/ame]

Alex6

The R6 revs to 16-17 thou, has about 130 HP vs 65 HP or so, weighs less ~185 kg vs ~213 kg and is higher spec everywhere. For the same rider on both bikes, there's no contest. It's mainly the rider up to a certain high standard of fastness, then if you are better than that and have been riding well for years, then its up to the bike. R6s seem to be the bike I've most often seen on the side of the road down for some reason ? Apparently they open the throttle for you going into corners (to reduce back torque like a 2 stroke) which would send you wide if you didn't know about it.
fixed Hp for fz6r...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

Depends if your talking about bhp or whp. I believe the fz6r has close to 80 hp at the crank.

Hello my real name is Adam.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

10/22 DUDE

I ride with two older R6's 05 and an 07. Light to light we are the same anything beyond 3rd gear and say bye bye to the R6. Now in the canyons I have no prob keeping up with everyone because we all have about the same amount of riding experience. I also take my bike on 300+ mile rides while they are at home looking at my pictures on Facebook because they know they would never make it that far on a SS. All about YOU and what YOU like to do brother!

Rookasaki

In a nut shell:
FZ6R = V6 Mustang
R6 = V8 Mustang

Not to say the FZ6R can't kick some @ss.. It was a great bike that could easily get you into trouble. I had that bike up to 130 dozens of times :thumbup:

Now my ZX6R = Cobra Mustang ;)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cavcuz05

I found that the 6r has more torque through the lower band but the r6 will still leave you in the dust once its through the first gear

bobby bo bonsin

This is true.

Hello my real name is Adam.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

10/22 DUDE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dgs5Lt6vno]YAMAHA FZ6R TOP SPEED - YouTube[/ame]

This is mine and this is all she's got. Could squeeze out a few more mile's per hour, but I'm not going to redline my bike for that long.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I look at it this way, if "we" the FZ6 guys cant get to R6 hp numbers after heavy modding then it would be almost impossible for the FZ6R guys to get those numbers with out some sort of power adder (turbo, nos, something else?)