Fz6r... R6

I'm pretty sure an R6 is a hair faster in the 1/4 mile than the FZ1 with 60% of the engine size, if you want a tangible comparison between FZ and R bikes.

As much as I love my 6r, if any of your buddies have a supersport, you're going to be wishing you had one too. I enjoy the crap out of my bike when I take long trips, cruise around town, etc., but when we're out ripping on the freeway and I top out at 133 and have friends blowing by me, I don't enjoy that part. I guess your best bet is to ride both styles and see what you like best, also figure out if you would take your bike on a long trip vs just doing short cruises with people. By no means I have anything against this bike, it just has some disadvantages if you ride with people that ride supersports all the time.

As much as I love my 6r, if any of your buddies have a supersport, you're going to be wishing you had one too. I enjoy the crap out of my bike when I take long trips, cruise around town, etc., but when we're out ripping on the freeway and I top out at 133 and have friends blowing by me, I don't enjoy that part. I guess your best bet is to ride both styles and see what you like best, also figure out if you would take your bike on a long trip vs just doing short cruises with people. By no means I have anything against this bike, it just has some disadvantages if you ride with people that ride supersports all the time.

I found my 6R to be quite powerful and quick when I rode it. On a trip this weekend on my FZ1, though, I was riding with a buddy with a GSX650F. Very similar performing bike to a 6R. His main complaint was passing power. When I was in the lead and pulled out to pass, he said he was flogging his bike behind me and I was still leaving him like he was standing still. Probably a bit of an exaggeration, but he did spend a bit of time this weekend lamenting that, although he would probably never use the extra top speed, he was interested in a more powerful bike for the passing power. I have to agree with him; when I click down to 2nd gear at 50mph so I can get by a camper trailer or something on a short straight, I like to get out, get by, and get in, no wasting time. I find it a lot easier to get around slower traffic now that I've upgraded.

Very respectable Dude! I never tried mine... I got 120 (kmh of course) once or twice. I'll take a video one of these days. Might have to remove my luggage and install the small screen.

Even with the Touring set up, it hit the 3 digit quite faster than stock.

Nice shifting by the way! If you're bone stock you can even shift a little earlier, around 11K. There's nothing left past that.

It has a Two Brothers and a Juice box pro with your rev A map.

Back