Fz6r..Modded exhaust hot bodies megaphone!

SideTracked

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeQiUlr5Uw0"]YouTube - Yamaha Fz6R W/ Hot Bodies Megaphone - LOUD![/ame]

GSXR1000 Hot Bodies megaphone slip on, welded on to the orginal headers for the fz6r.

Sorry for the retardness of having my kickstand up. Its ben a long time without riding and just getting off midnight shift and not going to bed lags your brain :surrender::D

joloy133

That sounds good. I always thought a good welder/shop could do that. A leap of faith so to speak because there's no R&D to know for sure what you have till it's done. With all the mods done since I did mine, I think we know our bike has that R6 sound and lineage, (Sounds good). Still believe you need to balance out the fuel/map afterwards.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

SideTracked

That sounds good. I always thought a good welder/shop could do that. A leap of faith so to speak because there's no R&D to know for sure what you have till it's done. With all the mods done since I did mine, I think we know our bike has that R6 sound and lineage, (Sounds good). Still believe you need to balance out the fuel/map afterwards.
This was actually gas cut, welded, sanded, finish fitted by just me and my pops :D And I did the air box mod and it helped drasticly, it still has a small amount of pop at 5500-5000 on decel. But thank you! I'm very satisfied.

Holy Crap that's loud!
" Can ya hear me now? Good! ";)

Dang it... isn't that what volkmkiv did to his bike? That thing is loud!
I believe so, just not with the hot bodies.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ajiribarren

Marthy I think the OP refers to blocking thr AIS (smog block off plates or other method) when he talks about the airbox mod. I too have some small popping around 5000 RPM at decel after blocking the AIS even with the PCV and AT. When I look at the AT trim tables they are almost at zero now, but the popping is still present

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SideTracked

Marthy I think the OP refers to blocking thr AIS (smog block off plates or other method) when he talks about the airbox mod. I too have some small popping around 5000 RPM at decel after blocking the AIS even with the PCV and AT. When I look at the AT trim tables they are almost at zero now, but the popping is still present
Correct.

* Also, the power is deff. a difference. Im going to try to get a dyno run, but it lifts 1st and 2nd gear front wheel off ground now. Never did that with stock exhaust, also when shifting its not a at once deal, hard to explain, but it doesnt kick right in when rippin rpms. Its a lag like 1st......whinnnnnnnnnnnnnnne bamm second.....whinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne bamm third. If that makes sense.

bjs045

LOL If I did this mod, I'd probably get a ticket for loud exhaust before getting one for lane splitting. :surrender:

Sounds great though. I like it! :thumbup:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SideTracked

Witch map are you using? PCV or not?
Just the one where you put the plastic over the intake? its a thread on here about it, top right of airbox just blocked it off

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SideTracked

I mean do you run the stock ECU or Power Commender? If you run the stock ECU only, you will be down on power... that's a fact. Been there, done that. -2 hp and it was with the Supertrapp with 8 disc. With a semi open exhaust (Viper) your bike need to a minimum 5% to 8% more fuel to be efficient. In the mid range you need up to about 22% to 25% to have a serious gain in HP. So with your megaphone I can imagine you need some fuel... M4 Full exhaust map might be what you need... This is where tour BaaaaAAAAA! come from, lean.
I will check it out. My baby is due in 10 weeks so if i need PC or Juicebox $ is a little outta the question right now. Thank you for your help!

semperfi60448

Sidetracked.....Can you explain the install of the hotbodies?? I almost bought the two bros today until I saw your video. Thanks by the way. I think that the hotbodies is more of what I'm looking for. Could you tell me where you got the parts and what year gsxr the megaphone is off of. Once again sounds amazing.

dustinsf81

I would also be interested in the answer to the question above. Has anyone tried any different megaphones from hot bodies?

Dustin

clifford_05

Sounds pretty good to me. I like it

24KMACH

Sounds great.:D I love a good sounding exhaust and have the tickets on my driving record to prove it. :spank: