FZ6R in Super Streetbike Magazine

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Sorry about the crash jspansel. Hope you didn't suffer any damage to yourself. Shindy makes a Daytona Universal Steering Stabilizer. Anyone know if this could be implemented on our bike? I found a FZ6 Stabilizer but it runs around $500.00. The universal from Shindy is closer to $200. I haven't run into any issues from my front being lowered, but a little preventive measures go a long way. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Just a dislocated shoulder and lots of bruises and strains ;). Was a little over a year ago. All good now.

No one makes a damper for the bike, but you could of course always fab up a custom bracket somehow to make one work :thumbup:

Vulpine

Thanks. Just a dislocated shoulder and lots of bruises and strains ;). Was a little over a year ago. All good now.

No one makes a damper for the bike, but you could of course always fab up a custom bracket somehow to make one work :thumbup:
Glad you're healed up. Thanks for the info!

KeysRider3

The article mentioned a 5hp gain from the 2B exhaust (full), but no mention of a Juicebox or PCV to compensate for the less-restrictive exhaust. Does 2B provide a map for the 6R? With the cost of a full exhaust at almost $900, and the cost of a dyno run to measure before/after numbers, is a 5hp increase worth a grand?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

pilninggas

just reading back through this thread.

here is a damper that fits us:

MATRIS M4R AMMORTIZZATORE DI STERZO YAMAHA XJ6 | eBay

not the cheapest - matris do some amazing suspension goodies for us though

the pictures of it on their website/catalogue show how it fits and looks much better.

Tmak73

I can't wait to get mine paid off so I can dump some extra money in to this bike. Luckily when I bought it it already had the 2bros on it

wtnotch

just reading back through this thread.

here is a damper that fits us:

MATRIS M4R AMMORTIZZATORE DI STERZO YAMAHA XJ6 | eBay

not the cheapest - matris do some amazing suspension goodies for us though

the pictures of it on their website/catalogue show how it fits and looks much better.
545 EUR !!!! I'm not adverse to spending money on my bike at all, but by the time I got one in my hot little hands, it'd cost me well over $700 USD. They do look really trick though.

Russ

The Hammer

I lowered mine 1.5 In and it turns great with no problems at high speed. I didn't move it all all once, I gradually made changes. I am interested in the Accossato front brakes, but I wasn't sure which one to get, or where to get a fluid res. I sent them an email, and I did not receive a reply. Any suggestions?

Deanohh

Just as Jay said. I'm at .250" from the top of the cap to the t-t. Torque the top bolts to 14 ft.lb and the bottom to 22 ft.lb If you broke them loose, just spin the shock by hand pushing up, it will go easy. Make sure you can lift the front end to remove some pressure. If not the shock will end up bottoming on the handlebar...

I used my Red neck stand and lift the front wheel using a floor jack under the headers... work just fine.
Or you can do one shock at a time and avoid that problem.