FZ6R in Super Streetbike Magazine

roadrat

SSB recently built out a 2011 FZ6r and featured it on page 58 of their December issue. They had some good things to say about our bike. They spent a little over 2k but some of the mods they made were free - like lowering the front end. Among the mods they made were a Two Bros. Exhaust system, an Accossato master brake cylinder with Galfer brake lines. Great article and I thought it was interesting they didn't replace the bunny ear mirrors.

Attachments

roadrat

I suspect they just took their own previous advice
Hadn't seen that before. Slightly different in the newer article - they love the TB exhaust and tinkering with the brakes. Wish I had a link to the new article but the print issue is just hitting new stands.

Andy g

I was trying to find the article online but no luck. Where did you all find it?

I am also trying to find a print copy. Any suggestions?

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

roadrat

Last edited:

Vulpine

I just got the mag last week. Have any of you lowered your forks without lowering the rear? I've always been told to keep the geometry in sync. However the SSB crew said that our bike is so top heavy that lowering wouldn't be an issue. I have mine lowered 1 inch. It seems more receptive to my commands in the corners, and I haven't encountered any straight way issues at high speeds. I'm considering the Apex or Woodcraft clip-ons over the triple, which would require lowering 1.5 inches at least. Sources claim that 30mm or 1.18 inches is cool, but anything more would require dropping the rear as well. If you look at the pics in SSB it appears to be lowered quite a bit more than 1.18 inches.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Its not recommended to go much more than 10mm low in the front. (close to .5 inch). On the FZ an inch may not be horrible but I sure wouldnt go more than that. You can lose front end stability and it can do some weird stuff on you.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

vitrox

lowering just the front will make the bike turn faster, but also be less stable going straight. I have my race bike lowered 11mm in the front to get it to turn quicker, I had to turn up my steering stabilizer to keep the shakes down at high speed though.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

popeye

Thanks for the input. I'm at 5mm now and I fell like it enough. More than that might get me in the situation that you mention above.

So at 0.250" (measure from the top of the cap to the triple three) is where I'm at and it feel like it did improve handling for me. Might be different for others. Handlebars, 22" windscreen, rear luggage might make the bike react to suspension set up differently. Do a little step at a time... :thumbup:
Marthy ,any chance of pics of your mod .Maybe a pointer or two as to where to measure from.

Thanks in advance.

Edit::

I can see you mention from top of the cap to the triple three so maybe a pic of that .

Cheers

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Marthy ,any chance of pics of your mod .Maybe a pointer or two as to where to measure from.

Thanks in advance.

Edit::

I can see you mention from top of the cap to the triple three so maybe a pic of that .

Cheers
Here is a pic of when I wrecked mine... you can see the fork coming through.

Looks like I may have had it lowered a little more than I though? Dunno. Or the accident pushed it up more.

Measure from the top plate of the fork (not the middle nut) to the top of the clamp.

Last edited:

popeye

Here is a pic of when I wrecked mine... you can see the fork coming through.

Looks like I may have had it lowered a little more than I though? Dunno. Or the accident pushed it up more.

Measure from the top plate of the fork (not the middle nut) to the top of the clamp.

Thanks Jay
I think I might try that as it looks like it is easy to do or reverse if not suited

Thanks again

Vulpine

Sorry about the crash jspansel. Hope you didn't suffer any damage to yourself. Shindy makes a Daytona Universal Steering Stabilizer. Anyone know if this could be implemented on our bike? I found a FZ6 Stabilizer but it runs around $500.00. The universal from Shindy is closer to $200. I haven't run into any issues from my front being lowered, but a little preventive measures go a long way. Thanks in advance.