MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member
Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BKP

As much as I would pay for ABS, what I'm hearing from Honda/Kawasaki dealers is that somewhere between 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 are willing to pay the extra $500.

This forum is the exception, not the rule.
Perhaps it's a matter of 'meeting' a few left turners to convince a new rider/bike buyer of the value of ABS. I wouldn't blink at the extra five bills for the added protection. It's like a frame slider, and a simple driveway drop... Just one time and it pays for itself...

However, You may very well be right about the forum members being the exceptions... I think those that choose to participate here are simply better informed, and more apt to opt for value improvements...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

FastFreddy

There's an XJ6S model which only has the upper fairing. I suspect most like the full fairing.

There's an XJ6 Diversion model in Europe with the ABS if you think its safer. Personally, I think ABS extends braking distance, reduces lever feel, and actually doesn't reduce your braking distance at all.

Z3roFlaw

I'm here for the 8pm.

Z3roFlaw

I just made the call and I'm in! I'll be at the 8pm one. It'll be nice to finally meet another person with a 6R
Was nice to met you and get to know a bit about you and your current and past riding experience. Even if it was a bit informal lol.

In case you don't remember, my name was Mike and I sat next to you.

I fail to remember the name of the other guy (I'm horrible at names), but I hope he finds this post so we can all meet up for a ride someday.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

cezell09

Was nice to met you and get to know a bit about you and your current and past riding experience. Even if it was a bit informal lol.

In case you don't remember, my name was Mike and I sat next to you.

I fail to remember the name of the other guy (I'm horrible at names), but I hope he finds this post so we can all meet up for a ride someday.
Nice to have met you too. We'll have to set up a meetup sometime. The other guy was Sergio but he never said his username.

SurfJunkie

I went to the 5 o clock one.
Dont think any forum members were in that one.

In short they put the group in a room, and ask each person several questions about you, the bike, and riding habits. What you like about it, what you dislike, what you would like to change, what you have changed, then another survey about brand appeal of all manufacturers and which style/type of bikes you preferred.

I mentioned all the things we discuss on the forum. ( mirriors, big fender, silent exhaust, no adjustability of front suspension, limited/inadequate adjustability of rear suspension etc.

Then they handed us 200 bucks cash monies. :zombie:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Z3roFlaw

So what happened?

Spill those beans

Negatives about the bike brought up (that I remember):

• Swingarm looks ugly and doesn't flow with the style of the bike.
  • Rear fender is big and we wish it came stock a lot more tucked under the rear wheel for aesthetics reasons.
  • Most people didn't like the rabbit ear mirrors.
  • Everyone agreed that the stock exhaust is way too quiet.
  • Brakes feel a bit spongy.
  • Wish that rear/front turn signals were a bit more flush with the bike and just had a better appearance when looking at the bike head-on.
  • Wish the bike came stock with more storage (there was only one person out of 7 that wanted that).
  • Wish there were more bike color options.
  • The 2013 rear seat grab bar look sucks when it's split. People preferred the older style which was all one piece.

Positive things people brought up:

• Riding posture is comfortable.
  • The bike colors currently available are nice.
  • Bike weight and balance seems nice.
  • Most people found the inline 4 a preferred option over a v-twin.
  • Style of bike. I think most people liked the super-sport look that came with the bike.

Items they asked about for future models:

• Would you like ABS?
  • Would you like for the bikes style to take on more of a super-sport look while improving performance a little.
  • Would you like more color options? And if so, what kinds?

There was a lot more questions geared towards them finding out how you use the bike and what your riding habits are.