Fz6r exhaust/header

shehan

Hey guys, just got my fz6r, i was just wondering if i buy 05 R6 headers can i then put any slip on exhaust that would normally fit an 05 R6??

cavcuz05

It all depends on your Mechanical skill...Yes and no is my answer...i had a oval scorpion exhaust...honestly i would save your $ for TBR....my .02

SoCal600

Does the 05 r6 have a cat ? Cus the 02 and 03 r6 headers don't and all u have to do is bend the pipe a little so it clears the oil pan. I fabricated my own exhaust by cutting the cat off the stock pipe and welded on a 3" pipe about 13" long and put an endcap on it. I will take pics in the morning and show u..

MikeN02

Does the 05 r6 have a cat ? Cus the 02 and 03 r6 headers don't and all u have to do is bend the pipe a little so it clears the oil pan. I fabricated my own exhaust by cutting the cat off the stock pipe and welded on a 3" pipe about 13" long and put an endcap on it. I will take pics in the morning and show u..
The 03 - 05 and the R6s doesn't have a cat.

The R6R (06+) people are also fighting you guys for the 05 headers since we have cats on ours.

And OP Yes you can but you need to find a way to mount the exhaust to your bike or it'll go flying off.

SoCal600

I just bought an 02 r6 header on eBay this morning for $39 shipped to my house but I was wondering is there a difference between the 99-02 and 03-05 header ? I did some research and I couldn't find an answer.....