Full Re-Paint?

buckwild

Has anyone done a FULL re paint of their 6R yet?

I'm going to have the bike striped all winter and I'm thinking of going to a Gunmetal / Black coloring from the Blue / Black.

Any Thoughts?

Not exactly this but something simmilar:

JSP

Super Moderator
If its worth the $$$ to you. I think that would look sweet. Doing it yourself or having a shop do it?

BKP

When Honda first introduced their (relatively) new CBR250r, first in India, they introduced it with a color called "Sword Silver Metallic." Incredible color combination. Would love to see that on an FZ6R:

buckwild

I like that CBR250 very cool.

Jay- I have a friend that does paint AND airbrush! Trying to come up with something to do with the airbrush.

JSP

Super Moderator
I like that CBR250 very cool.

Jay- I have a friend that does paint AND airbrush! Trying to come up with something to do with the airbrush.
Awesome! Flat black.... maybe airbrush a ghost FZ6R logo or something..?

buckwild

I was thinking of having the silver/gunmetal base and then have all the body lines etc just shadowed in airbrused flat black.

The only decal I left on the bike is the FZ6R tag maybe use that for a shadow logo.

buckwild

Cadmium Yellow was pretty loud if you ask me, even more so with the giant star decal it came with.

Detrich

It's a very nice color. But, I can't help but feel that it's already tough seeing silver or gray cars on the road, because of how the color blends in with the road. And, bike's are difficult to see to begin with. Any shade of silver or gray just seems to make visibility worse, imo. You could wear a high viz color vest or helmet, but that kinda defeats the point of having a nice paint job. Tough call. But, get whatever makes you happiest. :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

buckwild

And here's a couple more ... I really like the red/black/white scheme.
I think that grey 6r you posted there sealed the deal its happening for sure now!