Fuel range

kma_jg

Hi all,
just wondering if anybody can give me an estimate on what your fuel range is on a tank? I know it is hard to say for sure as riding style will make a huge difference, but I tried to find any indication on the fuel consumption, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

FZ6R-Canada

I usually average between 250-315km per tank.
250km's/tank when I'm throttle happy
315km's/tank when taking it easy on the highway

Again, it all depends on your driving style

Roaddawg

I usually get about 170 miles before the F-Trip light starts flashing. If you figure in the 43 MPG at 4.6 gallon tank...197 miles a tank...but, I wouldn't try to go that far. 170 is the best bet before looking for a fill up.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

MC#4

Well, I recently got 220 Miles (354Km) on a tank but I filled it as soon as the fuel light began to flicker. I only put about 3.5 gallons in it that's 63MPG. When I first bought the bike, I ran it really hard and got about 41MPG. Whenever I buy a bike, I do a mileage test. I try and get the most out of it just out of curiousity. My 00 ninja 250 got a 69MPG and my 03 R1 got a 42MPG. My 96 honda elite 80 got around a 90 I believe.

My mileage test is pretty simple. I shift at half max rpms or less EVERY shift. On the 6r I shifted at 4K-5k and never went over 60mph. Also I don't do much stop and go, just ridin on local roads 45-55mph. It's interesting to see just how good of mileage you can get.

CDN6R

Well, I recently got 220 Miles (354Km) on a tank but I filled it as soon as the fuel light began to flicker. I only put about 3.5 gallons in it that's 63MPG. When I first bought the bike, I ran it really hard and got about 41MPG. Whenever I buy a bike, I do a mileage test. I try and get the most out of it just out of curiousity. My 00 ninja 250 got a 69MPG and my 03 R1 got a 42MPG. My 96 honda elite 80 got around a 90 I believe.

My mileage test is pretty simple. I shift at half max rpms or less EVERY shift. On the 6r I shifted at 4K-5k and never went over 60mph. Also I don't do much stop and go, just ridin on local roads 45-55mph. It's interesting to see just how good of mileage you can get.
I agree,,I took a day trip with my 6R and did just as you suggested,short shifts, rode at 90 KMS/HR and when I filled up calculated my fuel in Imperial gallons and got 66 MPG.. Can't beat that for sure.

nashvillenobody

Mile fuel warning starts blinking between 185-190 miles typically. I usually average around 55mpg with mine...

bmw675

i never ran mine too far down. ive been down to one bar before and rode on it for about 15 miles. i assume after that bar goes away, thats when it starts flashing correct?

btw, that trip was 165 miles, and 53 mpg which is about norm for me (avg. 49-54mpg)

drrobert

That's a good point plus, any mechanic can vouch, try NOT to run your gas tanks dry or past 3/4 tank on any vehicle. First reason is if it's a habit then you won't be on side of road wishing you had stopped for gas at the last stop. Second reason is that it cuts down dramatically on trash getting into your fuel system saving you an inevitable headache down the road. Third reason is because it's just the smart thing to do :)
Forth, with electric, in-the-tank fuel pumps, the fuel acts as a coolant for the pump motor. Cooler running means longer lasting.

nlpyle

That is a very good question but has many factors as we all know. So my stop and go to wrok and back, about 4 miles each way gets me around 40 miles to the gallon. In that 4 miles I have 7 stop lights and a few hils this has all been with reg. Unleaded. I just recently wanted to see what prem gas would do. On my 200 mile rides I have been able to hit 190 miles and my last bar was not flashing when I went to fil up.. Not sure if it was the fuel or the difference bewteen stop and go riding and my twisty road trips but I have been able to push more out of the bike recently.
Just my two cents. Oh and this is washinton state, not sure if that will matter either.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

nashvillenobody

I usually fill up when I have used ~3.5 gallons, I get ~125 miles
125 / 3.5 = 35 miles per gallon...
probably the worst I have heard of on the FZ6R's....

kma_jg

I read on a review that the rider got about 20km/litre, which is about 340km per tank (about 200 miles). It was a mixture of city and country roads.

The road I take to work is 80km both ways(50 miles) which is mostly freeway with very few stop and go points. It would be good see what the range will be, but so far, from what was said, it looks pretty good.

ajiribarren

I get usually 170 or 180 km when my lights start flashing... (105 to 112 mi.) I think is because I mainly commute nearby my home, and the longest distance is something like 15 to 20 km away (9-13 mi.) Ive noticed when I fill up the standard is 13 L. (3,43 Gallons), so I'm getting somewhere around 7.65 to 7.22 L/100 km or around 30 MPG.

bmw675

I'm averaging about 50-52 mpg. If i go 80 mph @ 6000 rpm alone I get 180 when the light start flashing. So if I was able to behave and ride at 60-65 mph I can probably get better fuel mileage. 60 mph with my gears is about 4600 rpm. The problem here in Florida is if you drive at 60 on the race track/freeway (I-95) you will get yourself run over. Or if you're lucky you might be able to follow a granny to shield yourself from other predators!
im glad you had final drive listed under your avatar. had me thinking for a bit. :)

Stephenfz6r

I usually refill when I get to the last bar on the gauge; 220-240 KM. Average consumption is 20KM per liter of fuel.:Sport:

A1A

I'm approaching my 600 mile service now and have filled up the tank three times so far. My first tank average was 47 mpg, 2nd tank average was 51 mpg. I ran the 3rd tank for 204.5 miles and avg was 51 mpg. I put in 4.001 USA gallons of fuel with 10% ethanol and 87 octane.
I'm really happy with the fuel mileage I'm getting from this bike.

:thumbup:

owldaddy

Sounds like A1A and I have been getting about the same. My low has been 47 mpg, I was flogging it on that ride. Usually I get between 50 and 52 out on the road taking it easy. Mileage seems to increase at higher altitudes also.

kma_jg

My average so far is 49.5 mpg and the last one (yesterdays trip) I got 54.3 mpg.
Really happy withh that.

Don't know if you have been here, but it works well and I use it to track my usage.