front bake lock up

Spunky99

Well i dropped off the bike and a yamaha rep has called me to get some info and there going to do there investigation into what happened and call back in a few days. so we'll see what happens
The last time I heard that the bike was gone for 45 days and returned un-repaired.

KamiKaziCalm

That would really tick me off i sure that's not the case. I would hate to be paying payments and insurance on a bike I cant ride.

NoDoze

Glad you are unharmed and hope they find you a proper resolution or compensation with this issue.

Let us know how things go.

Deanohh

That would really tick me off i sure that's not the case. I would hate to be paying payments and insurance on a bike I cant ride.
You should call them every day to see what's going on. This is a safety failure on a Yamaha motorcycle and if they are stalling, they should get tired of hearing from you and figure they might as well settle up with you to get you off their back. The squeaky wheel etc.. become a pest if you have to. Keep track of who you talk to and when. If someone can't or won't answer you, get a hold of their manager and go higher and higher. I'd take it to the Attourney General of my state if I had to. Don't just wait around for nothing to happen.

Spunky99

You should call them every day to see what's going on. This is a safety failure on a Yamaha motorcycle and if they are stalling, they should get tired of hearing from you and figure they might as well settle up with you to get you off their back. The squeaky wheel etc.. become a pest if you have to. Keep track of who you talk to and when. If someone can't or won't answer you, get a hold of their manager and go higher and higher. I'd take it to the Attourney General of my state if I had to. Don't just wait around for nothing to happen.
Hire an Attorney if you don't have a brand new bike within 7 days.
He will be able to draft a lawsuit and take it to the Attorney General, and other agencies that will put extreme pressure on Yamaha. You cannot piddle around with brakes....

KamiKaziCalm

They are still doing their investigation at this point, dang I want my bike back. I just want this figured out asap, missing crucial riding time, paying payments and insurance on something I cant even see cuz its at the dealership is BS:mad:

Attachments

redwing-2001

They are still doing their investigation at this point, dang I want my bike back. I just want this figured out asap, missing crucial riding time, paying payments and insurance on something I cant even see cuz its at the dealership is BS:mad:
When I first read this I said to myself, yeah another noob grabbing the front brake and blaming the bike. But after reading your post and then looking at those pictures... wow. Especially if the front brake is still locked up, I would find an attorney willing to take the case and then give the dealer one more chance by telling him you want a brand new bike in two days or the next call he gets will be from your attorney.

Spunky99

Your brake rotors look exactly like mine did after I installed the shorty Diversion levers and didn't shave down the brake rod.
The good thing is that the rotors are OK if not warped and the blue color will go away after a while.
The bad thing is that I can almost guarantee without looking at any other pics is that either the rod was too long from the factory or the recess for the rod in the brake lever was too shallow.
This was a manufacturer defect in the brake system that went unnoticed during setup and test at the dealer. Yamaha isn't going to cover it because the dealer is responsible for the setup and this is one of the setup steps that is mandatory. The dealer is going to do everything they can to get out of the responsibility due to cost of repair/replacement. To repair with all new parts is at least 3K with labor. Rotors, pads, lever, rod, left fairing, bar end, signals, mirror and lots I can't see. Maybe a bent fork leg or 2, frame, rim....etc

Get a lawyer....you will be thrown under the bus by Yamaha and the dealer.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

Also....go to a Doctor recommended by your Attorney and complain of pain. You may have a specific area of pain or just ALL OVER....but you have pain and lots of it. Get lots of pain meds (you can send them to me if you don't want to take them)..;)

Once they see the cost of litigation and pain and suffering, physical therapy, lost wages etc, they will make an offer that will replace the bike with a brand new one and pay the Attorney a nice fee for very little work and you can get on with your life ASAP.

JSP

Super Moderator
Definitely scary! Let us know what happens.

KamiKaziCalm

Ya, Im hoping that it wont go that far I love yamaha and their products I figure I will give them til the end of the week if they cant get it figured out by then I will have to do something else. I father is a yamaha dealer on the marine side so he knows alot of people to whom he will make phone calls to if needed. He told me to give them a lil bit of time to get it taken care of but if they dont give me a new bike and reimburse me for lost time and expenses then he will go above them and get it taken care of. But I will keep yall posted.

Spunky99

Ya, Im hoping that it wont go that far I love yamaha and their products I figure I will give them til the end of the week if they cant get it figured out by then I will have to do something else. I father is a yamaha dealer on the marine side so he knows alot of people to whom he will make phone calls to if needed. He told me to give them a lil bit of time to get it taken care of but if they dont give me a new bike and reimburse me for lost time and expenses then he will go above them and get it taken care of. But I will keep yall posted.
Didn't know you had the inside powerplay going. Great.
I work for Honda so I can make a call too if I have any issues.
I only own a 2005 NSR50R tho and get my parts at cost..no warranty on a race bike that old...LOL

Killer Banana

I don't know about Texas, but I work at a Yamaha dealership here in California, and we are required by law to put at least 1 mile on every new bike we sell. Had they done that, i'm pretty sure they should have noticed. Like everyone else has said, don't let this dealership screw you.

bmw675

when i picked mine up (illinois) the odometer showed 0. thats a good law to have, never knew it existed anywhere though.

Deanohh

The dealer near me had FZ6R's at close out around $5500; all with 0 miles when I went in to browse around. In a few days I called and said I would like to pick up the white one and would they have it prepped ready to go for me. He said ok and to come in at x o'clock. I got there it was parked in front. Then before I paid I said... just to be sure, I want to ride it around a little just to make sure I like it and that there was no problems. He said ok, but even if I turned around and brought it back, he would have torn up the sales docs as if nothing had happened. Anyway, it seemed to me to be common sense to at least ride the thing first even though it was new and should be ok.

Turned out to be perfect and still is.... bought it with 4 miles on it... that I put on.

I'm 63 and have had bikes all my life. Please guys, ride it around a little before you buy. Sometimes us geezers have some good advice.

Sage

Bought mine with 9 miles on it. I know they had put 4 on and i put 2, so i guess there were a few other test rides even though they couldn't sell them.. they have 3 there now i think :\

KamiKaziCalm

They wouldn't let me test drive it at the time. It had 3.3 miles on when I bought it. but after they investigated it when I brought it back they discovered that the master cyclinder was ceasing like I told them. they flushed the brakes and still locked up. yamaha was supposed to call me yesterday with their solution but didn't. its only been 9 days. Total but it feels like freakin forever and is pissin me off.