frame sliders

clifford_05

Id like to get a set of these at some point in time and I know alot of ppl are getting them and Ive looked at several different sets. I wanna get a set of NO CUT ones cause they seem to easier to deal with and stuff like that.
My question is does anyone recommend a certain set over another? Cause there is several companies that have em and Ive looked around on here and ppl seem to have different ones which of course is gonna happen. Im thinkin about the no cut shoguns unless someone would recommend a set that might be better? Thanks

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

MikeN02

I would go with T-Rex if they're in stock. They're the cheapest and members have said that they're reliable.

I went with intuitive because t-rex were out of stock and I didn't want to risk it as I've had too many close calls.

Shogun, I don't know about them, lastly I wouldn't want to use the official Yamaha sliders just cause... idk

No cuts ARE easier to install yes but sometimes they damage the frame more than save them. Of course the cuts are better because they mount directly to the frame and not a extended plate.

I got no cuts because I didn't want to drill and cut into my pretty plastics.

clifford_05

No cuts ARE easier to install yes but sometimes they damage the frame more than save them. Of course the cuts are better because they mount directly to the frame and not a extended plate.

I got no cuts because I didn't want to drill and cut into my pretty plastics.
I'll look for the t-Rex ones then and if I can't get them then I'll prolly do the same and get somethin else. And I didn't want the factory yamaha ones anyways just cause. And I feel ya on the reason why you didn't want to
cut into your plastic cause I wouldn't want to either that's why I'd rather get the no cuts. Thanks man

rockmurf

no cut shogun sliders

Bought and installed a set and they are not no cut. I had to bend the fairing around the mounting bolt and got it to work but am afraid the stress will crack the fairing sooner or later. I am thinking of getting a scapel and shaving away the fairing around the bold so it is not stressed. Just my two cents. I haven't emailed the supplier yet. If I were to do it again I would get the ones you have to drill and save 30-40 dollars.

JonKerr

Elite Member

AfDevin86

I have the factory frame sliders. I took a harsh down a week ago dodging a deer. The slider took 100% of the fall. (well 99 cause the fron tire was rashed just a little) Just food for thought. They are ugly but damn they work....

rjsantana20

I have the Shogun no cuts on mine. They were pretty easy to install. The only problem I have is that I took a fall before getting them. Scratched up the rights side fairings a little.

Other than that, they were not that expensive.

MikeN02

I have the factory frame sliders. I took a harsh down a week ago dodging a deer. The slider took 100% of the fall. (well 99 cause the fron tire was rashed just a little) Just food for thought. They are ugly but damn they work....
personally I don't think their ugly, I barely notice them when I look at a bike because I'm admiring the body and frame work.