Frame Sliders

JonKerr

Elite Member

Sara'sFZ6R

I will get pics up as soon as i get a chance i'll try and snap some tomorrow. the only thing i has to modify was the bolt for the left side slider because the stock bolt through the slider attachment was too far out and made the fairing bend. also something to consider...and i should have posted this beforehand but was not aware as i still had not completed the left side installation (due to the bolt issue) is that the slider does sit infront of the clutch housing which i'm not a big fan of and i will most likely replace the slider bolt attachment with a larger piece once i get a chance.

i went to Loews and bout a 10m 1.5 pitch flat hex bolt.

joloy133

The bolts that came with my IR sliders were of a particular hardness. (I called the office about swingarm sliders and talked to him about cost, which led to the bolts, machining, etc.) This might be a concern for the bolts you got from Loews, as they were costly per IR, around $10 each.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Chip

I got the frame sliders installed by Yamaha, they had to drill them in. I think it was worth the money since I am a beginner rider. I paid $150 total for parts and installation

rubicon1000

my wife is a beginner rider also i just dont like cutting the plastics up. the no cuts work just as well its mostly for low speed laydowns anyways. For instance if she goes to take off and the bike stalls out and she goes down it will protect it. now if you go down at 50 frame sliders will help a little but u will still have alot of damage cause its hard to have the bike sliding on the ground at 50 and stay just on one side. but to each is own

rockmurf

install of shogun sliders

Just got a set with no installation instructions. One slider is longer than the other but that should make sense once I start the install. I read an earlier post where the person just nudged the fairing out of the way to install the o cut sliders but if anyone can provide me more insight into the installation I would much appreciate it. Thanks

MikeN02

Just got a set with no installation instructions. One slider is longer than the other but that should make sense once I start the install. I read an earlier post where the person just nudged the fairing out of the way to install the o cut sliders but if anyone can provide me more insight into the installation I would much appreciate it. Thanks
Search button is your friend or just looking FZ6R How To's... - Yamaha FZ6R Forums - International FZ6R / XJ6 Motorcycle Community Forum which results in http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/fz6r-how-install-no-cut-frame-sliders-18569/

pyrocpu

zig308

Anyone try the new T-Rex sliders? Looks like they went up in price to $60. Just wondering if they are any easier to install than the last report on them? I'd like to get a set delivered/installed by this weekend along with installing my new multi-vex mirrors.

Also, do the T-Rex sliders come with Lock-Tite and all or do I need to buy that separate?

ksanbon

Anyone try the new T-Rex sliders? Looks like they went up in price to $60. Just wondering if they are any easier to install than the last report on them? I'd like to get a set delivered/installed by this weekend along with installing my new multi-vex mirrors.

Also, do the T-Rex sliders come with Lock-Tite and all or do I need to buy that separate?
I had the old ones & they weren't hard to install. It took about 20 minutes.

Warning: mine were shipped attached to the mounting brackets and weren't torqued tight enough. I didn't know it and didn't think to apply the Lock-tite so I ended up having the right-siide spin off.
Fortunately, when I laid my bike down, it was on the left side. The slider worked great as it kept my leg from getting pinned & the $429 cowling panel only sffered a few scratches.

BTW, a pair of replacement sliders, bolts, & washers cost $35 shipped.

dannymac702

Just ordered the T-Rex sliders also. Dont know about the Loc-tight being included but get a tube anyway. Comes in handy for all sorts of things

frit1250

Has everyone agreed on what no-cut frame sliders to get for the FZ6R?
There seems to be several options and several prices now. There are no cut sliders on ebay from $50 to $105.

$50 model must be delrin?

The Shogun link claims there material is more then just delrin:
2009,09,2010,10 FZ6R,FZ6 R NO CUT Shogun Frame Sliders : eBay Motors (item 250622457570 end time May-26-10 13:08:38 PDT)

Intuitive Racing has some for $105 and everyone seems to say good things about the product.

Any help would be appreciated, I want to get sliders before my next track day.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member