Frame Sliders

Comiha22

Pardon my Noob-ness, but I was just wondering what frame sliders were for. From what I've read, they're basically to minimize damage to the fairing in the instance the bike goes down. Any other purpose?

That said, they seem to be a smart purchase for a new rider such as myself. So far I've been relatively unsuccessful in researching my options in regards to companies that offer sliders for the FZ6R.

I've seen Intuitive Racing mentioned a couple times, and was wondering if there were any other good companies for these. I'm definitely partial to no-cut sliders, if possible.

Any info would be great. Thanks!

C

chimneydoc

I learned about frame sliders the hard way. The very first day I got my Z I dropped it, put a little scratch on it. If I had a frame slider on it would not have scratched it. There is a whole lot of information on this forum, just read and learn. Good luck with your new bike.

Doc

unleased1287

go to yamaha-motor.com and in there they have sliders for r bike the no cute frame sliders do provide as much protection as the cut one's do its very little cutting and worth the little extra

cbzdel

I like the ones I have - intuitive no cut sliders, wish I had them sooner, it would of saved my left side engine case :(

mwilkins_2000

i oredered mine form parts unlimited for a 08 fz6 and they bolt right up to the R with no cutting you just have to push a lil bit of the fairing back while you tighten the left side they were like 40 buck alot cheaper than the NO-CUT .....i would rather find a crash cage as the sliders put all the force in one little spot which is more likely to cause the frame to crack on hard impact

Roaddawg

i oredered mine form parts unlimited for a 08 fz6 and they bolt right up to the R with no cutting you just have to push a lil bit of the fairing back while you tighten the left side they were like 40 buck alot cheaper than the NO-CUT .....i would rather find a crash cage as the sliders put all the force in one little spot which is more likely to cause the frame to crack on hard impact
Can you put up some pics of your sliders installed? What's the model number you ordered? Thanks.

F

FZ1inNH

Can you please post some close-ups of the mounts, especially where the fairing needs to be nudged? I am curious. Appreciate it! :rockon:

xplodnstar

What brand did you buy? I've had the Intuitive sliders on order for a couple weeks and the Shogun ones for 2 months before that. They don't seem to be shipping anytime soon, so if there's another option out there, I'm very interested in finding it.

Thanks.

Frame sliders are for a low side fall. They wont protect much if you high side and flip your bike. I got the no cut ones for $115.00

phocoyote7

Will try here first, hope to get some response. Otherwise might be forced to start a new post on same subject. :spank:

I am wanting to get some frame sliders. I ordered the intuitive no cut sliders for FZ6R, but they have not shipped and they do not know when they will be getting them in. It's like they just can't make them fast enough or are not making them anymore :confused:

I've heard people installing the FZ6 frame sliders, but been searching and can't find a good link. I did find this: SHOGUN YAMAHA FZ6 2004-2009 NO CUT WHITE FRAME SLIDERS would love to have the white frame sliders, anyone know if these will fit FZ6R?

Yone

I like the ones I have - intuitive no cut sliders, wish I had them sooner, it would of saved my left side engine case :(
Did you notice that the replacement bolts for the Intuitive Racing sliders didn't go in as far as the stock ones? ...makes me nervous...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Did you notice that the replacement bolts for the Intuitive Racing sliders didn't go in as far as the stock ones? ...makes me nervous...
I think it will be alright. It's probably part of the design. For example, if the bike goes down at a slow speed, they should make contact and just grind down some. However, say you get into an accident at a high speed and you are off the side of the road. If the slider bolts were super long, the sliders could catch in the ground or on something else and cause the bike to tumble. But if the slider bolts are a slight bit shorter, the slider may catch and break off, preventing the bike from digging in and tumbling.

At least that was one theory that was proposed on one of the racing forums. :don'tknow:

Comiha22

The bolts that came with my IR sliders were definitely longer than the stocks, by about 3/8". Since the sliders are just about that thick, I'd say mine went into the engine just as far as the stocks.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
The bolts that came with my IR sliders were definitely longer than the stocks, by about 3/8". Since the sliders are just about that thick, I'd say mine went into the engine just as far as the stocks.
+1

I am pretty sure mine did as well.

neshi

Got mine as part of the sale of the bike!

I have to snap some picks because the installers made a perfect hole to install my sliders!

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member