Frame sliders, which brand to go with (for ninja 1k)

BoneJj

I know, it's a fz6r.... lol.

Anyway, I'm looking for NO CUT only frame sliders and I'm not sure what brand to get as in what is going to be the better investment and stronger.

Another words I don't want the frame slider to snap off because it's a cheap piece of crap....

I don't really care about anything else other than it performing the function it's supposed to and being no-cut format.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

BoneJj

The search bar is the right direction. There are very informative threads on this.
I didn't find anything specific to no cut sliders.

But I got some info from another forum I'm on, from a guy that works in a motorcycle shop and he says they typically like woodcraft and R&G.

I'm missing with woodcraft but.... R&G has a lot of stuff for my bike so I'm looking at possibly ordering a set of them.

Shogun seems to make a set for my bike as well but IDK about them.

I'm having a hard time finding an online dealer in the US for R&G stuff though. I would like to find some prices on what they go for as their site only lists it in euros.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BoneJj

Not pricey, went on in 10 minutes. Colors. And if you goon one up, you can buy an individual side.
is Oes a brand?

or did you mean OEM?

I don't know about KAwi's OEM versions, they don't look like they stick out enough past the fender to help in all situations though they do look rather large at the same time. Their pictures of them aren't very telling.

Bloke

I didn't find anything specific to no cut sliders.

But I got some info from another forum I'm on, from a guy that works in a motorcycle shop and he says they typically like woodcraft and R&G.

I'm missing with woodcraft but.... R&G has a lot of stuff for my bike so I'm looking at possibly ordering a set of them.

Shogun seems to make a set for my bike as well but IDK about them.

I'm having a hard time finding an online dealer in the US for R&G stuff though. I would like to find some prices on what they go for as their site only lists it in euros.
R&G are top stuff over here in the UK but they're not no-cut. They require a hole saw drill bit. At least if they're anything like the XJ6-s ones.

In fact I think it's only really America that appears to really do no-cut frame sliders, they're hard to get hold of over here. :(

BoneJj

R&G are top stuff over here in the UK but they're not no-cut. They require a hole saw drill bit. At least if they're anything like the XJ6-s ones.

In fact I think it's only really America that appears to really do no-cut frame sliders, they're hard to get hold of over here. :(
Are you sure on that one?:
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Kawasaki/Z1000SX_(Ninja_1000)/2011.aspx

It looks like a no cut to me, first item on the page there.
Kawasaki Z1000SX 2011 Onward - Aero Style Crash Protectors CP0278
There you go.

They have a few pics that can be viewed there.

The only thing is that I'm not sure if I like how thin they are, seems like they could be a little wider kind of like the OEM ones. IDK though, from what I've read so far people say they hold up pretty good.

But yeah, finding a supplier in the USA seems to be quite the pain in the butt!

Bloke

Are you sure on that one?:
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Kawasaki/Z1000SX_(Ninja_1000)/2011.aspx

It looks like a no cut to me, first item on the page there.
Kawasaki Z1000SX 2011 Onward - Aero Style Crash Protectors CP0278
There you go.

They have a few pics that can be viewed there.

The only thing is that I'm not sure if I like how thin they are, seems like they could be a little wider kind of like the OEM ones. IDK though, from what I've read so far people say they hold up pretty good.

But yeah, finding a supplier in the USA seems to be quite the pain in the butt!
Ah sorry mate, missed the ninja bit :) they do indeed look like no-cut.

CrazyCawi

I would suggest shogun....the time with the frame bar that goes behind the fairings.....its a no brainer....

BoneJj

Okay, that's the first I'm seeing the puig pro models. Those look strange but sick at the same time. Definitely different. Thanks for that also that site is new to me as well, I'll have to check them out.