Flush mount DIY + turn signals in air scoop

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

travisH3

On my ninja 250 I had a red led light bar across the top of my fender eliminator that was a tail and stop light and super bright. I kept it because it was expensive but the led tail light I already have is plenty bright haha

applejax

looks nice!

Its just too bad that the headlight drowns out most of the air dam blinker. But some safety is better than zero!

travisH3

looks nice!

Its just too bad that the headlight drowns out most of the air dam blinker. But some safety is better than zero!
I plan on getting a projector installed by winter which should fix the issue. But for now it works and gets rid of the big stock ones. I was really trying to figure out something with the mirror before I bought everything to do this, but couldn't find anyway to do it so it still looked clean. I will keep thinking about it. I'm putting my engineering degree to good use lol. I will post more pics if I change anything. I'm definitely gonna look into the gsxr mirrors, I may find a used one someone is selling cheap that is just one side, and use it to test fit before taking the big dive. :D

W0rp3D

Any chance you still have a link to the ebay seller you got these off, i cant seem to find any that are E marked and over here in Australia there not legal unless there E marked so i would prefer to get the ones you have if i can.

Also any idea how easy/hard it would be to mount a second set of flush mounts in the scoops?

Idiosynocracy

Have you had any problems with your Fuses blowing out? After what just happened to me I fear the worst! lol

Idiosynocracy

Nope. You probably have a bad LED strip lmfao

Sent from my one and only iPhone 5 using Tapa 2 da talk
Yeah it turns out I did. Ended up getting refunded and bought new strips for my bike.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

W0rp3D

What do you mean by "E" marked?
Found some, here in australia (and europe too i assume) for them to be road legal the lens's need to have an E in a circle stamped on them, i believe it is euro standards compliant, most of the ones on ebay dont have it as i assume no markings are needed in the US and canada.

If you look at the first pic the top right hand corner of the packaging says E marked.

Last edited:

travisH3

bleedinblue

Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here